FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Led Instrument Cluster Questions

https://www.deloreango.com/us/instru...-bulb-kit.html

I plan to convert the rest of my car over to LEDs this Spring. I already installed both DMC Houston Kits, which took care of the exterior lights/taillight boards (minus headlights), engine bay light, trunk light, dome lights, and the door lights. The last part is to do the instrument cluster, glove box, and AC panel lights. See above. Deloreango.com offers a complete kit to do the entire car, individual bulbs, or in sections. I went the DMC stuff first because I knew of it, but they don't offer a kit to do the instrument cluster or the AC panel.

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    https://www.deloreango.com/us/instru...-bulb-kit.html

I plan to convert the rest of my car over to LEDs this Spring. I already installed both DMC Houston Kits, which took care of the exterior lights/taillight boards (minus headlights), engine bay light, trunk light, dome lights, and the door lights. The last part is to do the instrument cluster, glove box, and AC panel lights. See above. Deloreango.com offers a complete kit to do the entire car, individual bulbs, or in sections. I went the DMC stuff first because I knew of it, but they don't offer a kit to do the instrument cluster or the AC panel.
    Super Bright LEDs was a great site for AC panel bulbs. You can buy in any quantity and color. Think it cost like $8 for all the bulbs and shipping. I ordered red colored for the bottom 3 bulbs too.

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Other than the battery bulb, everything inside and outside is all LED included glovebox and headlights. Depending on the color will depend on brightness. I tried the 5 smd version and was very dim. The 4 bulbs now are 17smd each for a total of 76 blue leds. The pics make it look brighter than they are but bright enough for me. Been in my car now for over 5 years. Ibdaily this car several times a week to work at 182 miles a day so I do alot of night driving and no eye strain or anything. I know everyone is different but its a easy mod.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Last edited by Christian Dietrich; 11-16-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

What are the current headlight solutions for either HID or LED? I happen to like yours, Christian. I am not a fan of some of the other styles I've seen with LED rings and such. I do like the old school look of the original headlights though, just wish they were a bit brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    What are the current headlight solutions for either HID or LED? I happen to like yours, Christian. I am not a fan of some of the other styles I've seen with LED rings and such. I do like the old school look of the original headlights though, just wish they were a bit brighter.
    Optix P.RA Diamond 4"x6" H4651 H4656 Rectangle Sealed Beam Housings + 60W EOS H4 LED Conversion Kit - Replacement Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2TKEP2..._6Vb8Bb17AGJ7E

These are close to what I have without a Halo since you just said you did not like them and they come with LED bulbs. I used to have HIDs and all of my cars until I I kept having issues with the HIDs in my Honda then I switch them out to LEDs and I've been running them for over 3 years now without a problem and they are just as bright as the HIDs are. There is no waiting for them to warm up like a hid so I ordered a set with Halos for my DeLorean and I've been running them now for 2 years without a problem. You do not have to do any modifications to the headlight bucket or anything like that whatsoever but the only thing you do have to do which is for the outer headlights of the car that are a low high beam combination you have to switch the wires around in the connector but the ground will stay in the correct spot since it's a 3 pin connector and that's all you have to do. The original DeLorean headlight rings are a little tight going on but they do fit the new bulbs just fine. Here's a few examples of pictures I've taken at night with the LED headlights

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

PO replaced dash lights with LEDs. Headlight on (green) lamp is WAAAY too bright. Anyone have a bulb number for the dimmest possible LED for the headlight spot (and I guess the high beam spot as well)?

Thanks.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Led Instrument Cluster Questions

A standard 161 bulb is your best option. It has the lowest wattage of the 194 style bulbs. I put 161’s in both High and low positions.

Here is are the wattage specs for the common 194 style (T3.25) bulbs

168 - 4.9 W
    194 - 3.8 W
    158 - 3.36W
    161 - 2.7 W >> lowest light intensity for night driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DMC5180; 11-20-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2