FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Expo 2019 - Spokane, Washington

My VIN:    10907

Discounted registration available this weekend! $66 for DOA members, $75 for non-members! This rate will be available through Monday. All DeLorean owners and enthusiasts are welcome to attend. We look forward to seeing you there!

Some exciting news - Mr. Barrie Wills has agreed to be our special guest at this event!

If anyone didn't know, Barrie was DMCL's longest-serving employee and the author of John Z., the DeLorean and Me. He will be giving a keynote at the Saturday night dinner to share some of his wealth of inside information about how our cars came into the world. This is a very rare opportunity to see him in the U.S. Get your tickets now at https://deloreanexpo.deloreanowners.org/ (click "registration" on the top menu). You don't have to be a DOA member or current DeLorean owner to attend - we welcome all owners and enthusiasts! If you've already registered for the event and want to add on the dinner, email me at [email protected] and I'll invoice you via PayPal.

Barrie commenced his career in the auto industry as a 17 year old through a 5-year indentured commercial apprenticeship at Jaguar. He was then appointed personal assistant to the group director of purchasing and a chief buyer before the age of 25. During his ten years at Jaguar he worked on the procurement for the E-type, Mark 10, S-type, XJ6, and Daimler Limousine, as well as the Daimler Roadliner bus, Guy Big-J truck, and Jaguar-Cummins diesel engines.

After Jaguar he was supplies manager of Leyland Bus, where he led procurement for the Leyland National bus and its greenfield plant in West Cumberland in the north of England; he was director of supplies, product development and supply, and then deputy managing director of Reliant Motor Company, where he played a major role in the introduction of the Robin, Kitten and second generation Scimitar GTE ranges.

He was the longest serving employee of DeLorean Motor Cars Limited, joining on the day the earth movers moved onto the 72-acre site in Northern Ireland as director of purchasing and supply and coordinator of Lotus’s product development activity. He was later appointment the third and final CEO.

Barrie then formed his own company, de Montfort: assisted Sir Clive Sinclair with his electric vehicle venture; worked with Proton in Malaysia; with Yulon Motors in Taiwan; for the Ministry of Industry and the private sector in Indonesia; with Iran Khodro in Tehran; and for the Department of Trade & Industry in the UK and for the European Union. He coordinated development and production introduction of the M100 Lotus Elan; negotiated eight licenses for patented technology across Europe, North America and Asia and an EEC grant for Rover Group; coordinated cost reduction of the Lamborghini Diablo; and led many other smaller projects - in 50 countries overall.

Barrie developed the Project Kimber business plan to lead a bid to acquire the MG-related assets of the bankrupt MG Rover, having negotiated the acquisition of the Smart Roadster from DaimlerChrysler. After losing out to China’s Nanjing Automotive, he developed a new plan focusing on the Smart Roadster, using the AC Ace model name. This collapsed in the wake of the global financial crisis of 2007/8.

Now - in between the occasional consultancy project - the most recent being a six-week work programme in the Indonesian auto sector on behalf of the Australian government in 2017 - he is a part-time author. John Z, the DeLorean & Me - tales of an insider was published in 2015. His memoir of the balance of his time in the global auto industry: 45+ Years Without John DeLorean - and a little more with, is to be published in the final quarter of 2019.

Don't miss your chance to hear this amazing gentleman tell the real stories behind the car we all know and love! Register today! https://deloreanexpo.deloreanowners.org/

Oh, and to give as many people as possible the chance to attend, we're extending our Easter special registration discount! Event registration is $66 for DOA members, $75 for non-members, dinner tickets are $65. See you in Spokane!

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Barrie is a FANTASTIC guest to have attend any show. He is a wealth of knowledge and an amazing guy. He is one of the interviewees in my film FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN, and for anyone who hasn't met him before, I highly recommend trying to attend the show to do so.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

We’re just a little over 30 days away from the 2019 DeLorean Expo in Spokane, Washington. Our host hotel, the Davenport Grand in beautiful downtown Spokane is filling up, and you need to reserve your room immediately if you want to take advantage of the group rate of $135 per night.

Make your reservation at the following link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1551311468785&key=GRP&app=resvlink&fbcl id=IwAR3nXSIsnJ5f1NDLvEphBmTst40rXJDiHyBIykAcM5uS2 QWVLrLMYeVPNO8
    Living the Dream since 1993 | Board Member of the DeLorean Owners Association | Co-author of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
    Like and Follow Facebook.com/DeLoreanOwnersAssociation | Twitter @DeLoreanOwners | DOA YouTube Channel

Some exciting news... Michael Scheffe will be joining us at the Expo to give a presentation on Friday, June 7. Michael was the construction coordinator for the Back to the Future time machine and he brings a wealth of knowledge about that car and automotive design in general. If you haven't seen his fascinating presentation before, please join us in Spokane! Even if you have seen him before, Michael is always a friendly and interesting VIP guest. Don't miss your chance to see him in person!

https://deloreanexpo.deloreanowners.org/

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

Delorean ride along

Don't know if this is a good thread to ask if anyone
    will be traveling west on I-90 for the DOA show. We
    would like to join a group if possible and snag you at
    Missoula, MT.

Quote Originally Posted by martydmc12 View Post
    We’re just a little over 30 days away from the 2019 DeLorean Expo in Spokane, Washington. Our host hotel, the Davenport Grand in beautiful downtown Spokane is filling up, and you need to reserve your room immediately if you want to take advantage of the group rate of $135 per night.

Make your reservation at the following link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1551311468785&key=GRP&app=resvlink&fbcl id=IwAR3nXSIsnJ5f1NDLvEphBmTst40rXJDiHyBIykAcM5uS2 QWVLrLMYeVPNO8
    Link does not work. How do you get the group date? If you select "Group" on their reservation page, it asks for a code?
    Ron

Update: some sort of Chrome issue. Used IE browser and the link worked.
    Ron
    Last edited by DMC-Ron; 05-08-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Thre group code is "DeLorean" if anybody else is asked for it. The code is only good for the actual days of the Expo (Wed night through Sun night) so if you're booking a range outside those dates it may be rejected. There were fewer blocked rooms Sun night so if it's showing Sun sold out, contact us and Randy may be able to have the hotel move a room allocation from another night.

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

LAST DAY FOR HOTEL BOOKINGS FOR THE 2019 DELOREAN EXPO! Tomorrow (Friday, May 10th, 2019) is the last day you can reserve a hotel room for the discounted Expo rate of $135 per night. After Friday, rooms and rates are no longer guaranteed by the hotel.

Reserve your room now before it’s too late. https://www.marriott.com/event-reser...QWVLrLMYeVPNO8
    Living the Dream since 1993 | Board Member of the DeLorean Owners Association | Co-author of Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
    Like and Follow Facebook.com/DeLoreanOwnersAssociation | Twitter @DeLoreanOwners | DOA YouTube Channel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast