FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Used parts, NLA parts, new parts... what do people NEED?

My VIN:    3937

Used parts, NLA parts, new parts... what do people NEED?

I think a lot of us have collections of used parts kicking around. Boxes and totes of them in the basement or corner of the garage. Plenty of for sale threads advertising used parts. Lots of similar stuff and a few odd ones in there too.

What I'm wondering is, what parts do people NEED?

What parts are you keeping an eye open for, but they aren't readily available? Either they're rare or NLA, or they are available but too expensive, or the part wasn't a good design and you're waiting for something better?

Just thought it might help other owners (and vendors) to understand what it is we're looking for and need to buy.

A couple things I'm in the market for are:

Crankshaft pulley (102469, originals are NLA, aluminum remakes available but pricey at over $400 CAD)
    Driver's side bolster interior trim piece, black interior car (110171, NLA)
    A/C fascia plastic base (108920, NLA)
    Stainless steel auto trans dipstick tube (106770, not aware if these exist in stainless or not)
    Catalytic converter heatshield (NLA and perhaps unnecessary?)
    Oil filler plastic screen (102420)

I'd like to see those Momo steering wheels and special adapter kits become available again.

Matching front and rear tires in original sizes, frequently discussed elsewhere.

Top of engine block for anyone with block rot troubles?

Others?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-16-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10644

I need the gray interior drivers door trim that runs from the headliner down to the door panel along the rear edge of the door.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Stainless steel auto trans dipstick tube (106770, not aware if these exist in stainless or not)
    If anybody as this, I’d expect it to be DPI.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    16355

High Beam Switch

Getting an Auto Electrician to take a look but a High Beam Switch which takes in the indicator stalk and wiper stalk is very expensive as it is all one unit. Probably will be looking for one of these soon.

My VIN:    10353

Coolant tank. I missed out on the last one.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Jonathan,

I think buyers and sellers will have better luck if they post their own ad and use the [WANTED] or [FOR SALE] prefix flag....either can find something a lot easier w/o having to go through all of the buyers/sellers/parts/sold/etc., old posts are closed and sink to the bottom of the list(s), etc. It will get worse as the thread grows...

Shoot me a PM.

Thanks!,
    -Ron

My VIN:    3937

Makes no difference to me, Ron. Intention wasn't for this to be some specific, and massive, for sale/wanted thread, only for it to give any of us an idea of what it is people need for their cars.

In part because I have boxes of car stuff in the basement that I don't really know if people need or not. Or conversely, things I might need that others are sitting on and don't realize people need them.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I need the gray interior drivers door trim that runs from the headliner down to the door panel along the rear edge of the door.

I have a spare, PM me if interested