FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Name this plug!

Name this plug!

Ok DeLorean gurus, I need help. This plug is in the engine bay, on the fire wall behind the drivers seat. Stage II engine. My brothers stock DeLorean does not have this plug. What is it?

036BD3BF-5273-497B-842C-36C12DC07AC4.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Looks like the pickup coil wire plug. I removed mine and soldered the wires because it was so corroded. Maybe others have done the same.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Yup coil plug. About 6 or 7 years ago mine refused to start (glad it was parked in my garage). My buddy came over and diagnosed and fixed it in about 10 minutes. Plug was loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yup coil plug. About 6 or 7 years ago mine refused to start (glad it was parked in my garage). My buddy came over and diagnosed and fixed it in about 10 minutes. Plug was loose.
    Interesting. Did DeLorean change the position of this plug during production? I’ll have to double check but I don’t think my brothers car even has a hole there.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Interesting. Did DeLorean change the position of this plug during production? I’ll have to double check but I don’t think my brothers car even has a hole there.
    I have a stock engined car in the same approximate vin range as you and I have that plug. I'm not aware that it was changed during production.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)