FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Battery jacket

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Battery jacket

So I found a battery jacket the other day. A tech had it in his parts to throw away(brand new). I snagged it to put on my D battery(looks big enough). I'm not sure what the pros are for this as the car sits in the garage 99% of the time but it's free and easy to affix so sure why not?Any cons for an insulated battery in a DeLorean?

I should mention this is just a factory insulated wrap and not an aftermarket electrified wrap.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-24-2018 at 08:59 AM.

My VIN:    03572

Not sure what good they are. I've seen them on some cars I've owned and the battery is under the hood with the engine. The R value would be pretty low so after an hour of summer or winter driving I would think the battery is the same temp as the engine compartment.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

They are of no practical use in a Delorean. They are meant to protect the battery from the heat of the motor. A minor secondary purpose is to protect the battery in the case of an accident to prevent it from getting punctured. Again, because of where the battery is located in a Delorean, it is not necessary.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I should mention this is just a factory insulated wrap and not an aftermarket electrified wrap.
    Does it completely encase all sides of the battery? I can’t imagine it doing much unless it’s -20F when you try to start the car. Today’s ultra-low viscosity oils plus modern fuel injection pretty make things like that mostly useless except in some extreme cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Does it completely encase all sides of the battery? I can’t imagine it doing much unless it’s -20F when you try to start the car. Today’s ultra-low viscosity oils plus modern fuel injection pretty make things like that mostly useless except in some extreme cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it covers all four sides. Just something I grabbed but probably better used on my work van that does stay outside.