FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rear Fascia Wall Hanging

Rear Fascia Wall Hanging

I bought my first DeLorean VIN 6032 in 1999 and traded it for my second DeLorean VIN 10921 in 2001. Over the years of ownership I suspected that there would likely come a time when a DeLorean would no longer be practical for me. In late 2017 I felt that it was time for me to seek a new owner for 10921 and by January of 2018 I was fortunate enough to sell the car to a new owner who would be able to drive and enjoy the car as I once did. Over the years I started to acquire parts which would help to replace the DeLorean void in my garage when it came time to sell. I bought a used rear fascia from an owner in California, used rear taillight lenses from an owner in White Horse Canada and I already had the old taillight boards from 6032. The photos below show the new wall hanging which helps to fill the DeLorean void. I can turn the new LED taillights on remotely as well as with a switch. The old taillight boards needed lots of repair to get all 10 bulb sockets to function. I am impressed with the brightness of the LEDs.

Rod

489B1574-CC61-434C-9160-85856815F962.jpgE9FC11C5-FE02-4124-BE98-5C2D29D463B8.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Love it!!!

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    15297

Hey Rodney,
    I have to give you style points for originality for the rear facia. It looks great. Here is an update on your Delorean. I have been in contact with Scott. He thoroughly enjoys driving his DMC. He takes care of this car like a new DMC owner, very careful where he drives and parks his car. It has participated in the Western New York cars and coffee 5 times.I know for a fact it was driven over 1,500 miles this year. Scott has done a lot of maintenance in the last 11 months. Your old car is in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by WNY1983 View Post
    Hey Rodney,
    I have to give you style points for originality for the rear facia. It looks great. Here is an update on your Delorean. I have been in contact with Scott. He thoroughly enjoys driving his DMC. He takes care of this car like a new DMC owner, very careful where he drives and parks his car. It has participated in the Western New York cars and coffee 5 times.I know for a fact it was driven over 1,500 miles this year. Scott has done a lot of maintenance in the last 11 months. Your old car is in good hands.
    Hello Dave,
    Thank you for the rear fascia project feedback. Sitting on the golf cart and remotely turning the taillights on and off has now become my DeLorean experience! It is good to know that Scott is putting some miles on the car and is participating in Western New Your car events. My guess is that the two of you are drawing huge crowds eager to see DeLoreans in the wild.

Best Wishes,

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rddmc View Post
    I bought my first DeLorean VIN 6032 in 1999 and traded it for my second DeLorean VIN 10921 in 2001. Over the years of ownership I suspected that there would likely come a time when a DeLorean would no longer be practical for me. In late 2017 I felt that it was time for me to seek a new owner for 10921 and by January of 2018 I was fortunate enough to sell the car to a new owner who would be able to drive and enjoy the car as I once did. Over the years I started to acquire parts which would help to replace the DeLorean void in my garage when it came time to sell. I bought a used rear fascia from an owner in California, used rear taillight lenses from an owner in White Horse Canada and I already had the old taillight boards from 6032. The photos below show the new wall hanging which helps to fill the DeLorean void. I can turn the new LED taillights on remotely as well as with a switch. The old taillight boards needed lots of repair to get all 10 bulb sockets to function. I am impressed with the brightness of the LEDs.

Rod

489B1574-CC61-434C-9160-85856815F962.jpgE9FC11C5-FE02-4124-BE98-5C2D29D463B8.jpg
    !

My VIN:    10921

Rodney,
    10921 is impatiently waiting out the remainder of the winter months. It has about 3,000 more miles on it since you took it t for your last drive.

Quote Originally Posted by S_J View Post
    Rodney,
    10921 is impatiently waiting out the remainder of the winter months. It has about 3,000 more miles on it since you took it t for your last drive.
    Thanks for the update on 10921. I think of the car when I turn on the rear fascia taillights. My latest upgrade added led bulbs above the license plate.

Best Wishes,

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by rddmc View Post
    Thanks for the update on 10921. I think of the car when I turn on the rear fascia taillights. My latest upgrade added led bulbs above the license plate.

Best Wishes,

Rod
    I finally got around to adding LED license plate lights to my rear fascia wall hanging.

Rod
    Attached Images

Very cool!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast