FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Blue electrical plug

Blue electrical plug

Hi everyone. I was working on putting stainless fuel lines on and noticed the blue plug has a wire that has corroded off. Does anyone know what this wire is for? I have attached pictures of the specific wire. Any recommendations on how to fix it?
    Thank you in advance.

My VIN:    Midproduction

That's your alternator field if you're running a Ducilier (or Ducilier-like alternator like Deloreango's). That wire is removed per service bulletin for any other style, i.e. motorola, AC delco...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flyin2 View Post

Hi everyone. I was working on putting stainless fuel lines on and noticed the blue plug has a wire that has corroded off. Does anyone know what this wire is for? I have attached pictures of the specific wire. Any recommendations on how to fix it?
    Thank you in advance.

My VIN:    3937

Further info on what all those different bulkhead connections are here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40...ll=1#post52873

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

But it's the wrong color wire for the field. Maybe someone wired something else to the pin that should be the field.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Thank you. Someone did replace that wire that’s why it is a different color. I do have a different alternator so it sounds like this should not be a problem. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk