Hello,

My center console still has power when the car is off and the key is out of the ignition this has been happening every since I bought the car 6 months ago. Ive asked the PO but his response was "the PO had the car wired weird to do that". There is a weird twist to this though, it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes when I turn the car off and pull out the key everything will shut off like it should, others everything will be on. Here is where the plot thickens, after the key is out of the ignition if I start to use anything, AC fan, Windows, Radio, Defroster, headlights, or flashers the power will be cut and everything will be off. Most of the time this does the trick to turn everything off, so I don't drain the battery, but other times it will stay on indefinitely. I have even had the power come back on after a couple of hours of it being off.

I have tried to see if something was jumped or wired up to keep everything on but I have not been able to find anything. Ive tested a possible jump at the fuse box #10 and #11 fused but when I pull the fuse it cuts power to everything like it should. Now I have to disconnect the battery so it will not drain on me.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about. You can see when the key is out the clock and Lock Doors light is on. When I turn on the defrosters the defroster light will come on for a split second then everything will turn off (off screen, sorry hard angle). Video

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks
Matt