Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Taking care of 05106

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hi Austin, it was a pleasure helping you. We had a great team of people helping with this surgery.

After driving it some, if it still shakes a bit, one additional thing I thought of to check is the tightness of the seal for each of the 6 injectors. It may be wise to pull each one and check the cleanliness of the metal tube that they sit in. Clean each one with carb cleaner and remove any corrosion. Just be careful not to drop anything in there.

The injectors are clean, and have new seals and clips, but I don't think we cleaned those tubes well enough like we cleaned the intake ports. That is also a source of vacuum leak.

Then, when reinserting the injectors, each one should have that "satisfying" positive, tight snap that Mike mentioned. Also check that each clip is tight. Remember we needed to tighten one of them.

It was nice to spend time with you and your friends to make your Delorean even better.

Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Hi Austin, it was a pleasure helping you. We had a great team of people helping with this surgery.

After driving it some, if it still shakes a bit, one additional thing I thought of to check is the tightness of the seal for each of the 6 injectors. It may be wise to pull each one and check the cleanliness of the metal tube that they sit in. Clean each one with carb cleaner and remove any corrosion. Just be careful not to drop anything in there.

The injectors are clean, and have new seals and clips, but I don't think we cleaned those tubes well enough like we cleaned the intake ports. That is also a source of vacuum leak.

Then, when reinserting the injectors, each one should have that "satisfying" positive, tight snap that Mike mentioned. Also check that each clip is tight. Remember we needed to tighten one of them.

It was nice to spend time with you and your friends to make your Delorean even better.

Ok, I think I can work on the injector ports a bit.

Everyone instantly thought you were really cool. (it didn't hurt that you showed up in a delorean). I don't think we would have gotten half that far without you and your knowledge of the car. You saved out butts! can't wait until our next adventure. Perhaps I'll have to come help with your new exhaust!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Ok, I think I can work on the injector ports a bit.

Everyone instantly thought you were really cool. (it didn't hurt that you showed up in a delorean). I don't think we would have gotten half that far without you and your knowledge of the car. You saved out butts! can't wait until our next adventure. Perhaps I'll have to come help with your new exhaust!
    Great job to both of you! Sounds like your car is coming along quite nicely. And quickly too.

If ever someone needed an example of the kinds of things DeLorean owners do for one another, this is it. Way to go, Dana. That kind of help goes a long way with a new owner and is pretty much priceless. Or considering the season and to quote Cousin Eddie, 'that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year!'

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Great job to both of you! Sounds like your car is coming along quite nicely. And quickly too.

If ever someone needed an example of the kinds of things DeLorean owners do for one another, this is it. Way to go, Dana. That kind of help goes a long way with a new owner and is pretty much priceless. Or considering the season and to quote Cousin Eddie, 'that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year!'
    I'm telling you, Dana went WAY above and beyond on this one. It's really funny you quote Eddie here, because he was quoted 9 or 10 times throughout the day we did this project. Its like you were there!

Cold start

Ok, now that she's all back together we are running great! but I seem to have developed a cold start issue. First start after sitting for a while is rough, starts and dies, then start again with a little gas, and she putts to life, after 20 seconds she's running beautifully. If I stop at the gas station, run in for a few minutes, come back out starts up fine. but If I give it a few hours or especially over night, back to where we started.
    Things I've looked at so far include connections to the cold start valve, frequency valve is making it's sounds while running.
    Any ideas?
    worst case I take here over to DMCFL and have them look over our work and make some adjustments, but I rather have it sorted first so I can just take her there for the exhaust.

Delorean Guru

My VIN:    10757

Club(s):   (DMA)

Verify the CSV system is operating correctly.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6