FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Taking care of 05106

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Taking care of 05106

Post one.
    Correction its vin 005106, Long day
    So it's only been a few days since the delivery of my car (Shipping from DMCMW to Florida)
    I've been getting to know the car, driving short trips around town, so far she is doing very well.

Today we did the first half of the cooling system, Radiator, new fans, and the hoses at the front of the car. We'd hoped to do it all, as I have the full kit from DMC, but it took a good while just on the front, se we decided to stop there for now.

Getting a look at what we're up against.

Old one out!

Before

Cleaned up

Old fans, These were working fine, and don't really look bad, but the new ones draw less amps so in with the new.

New, with cleaned up surround.

After installing the new radiator and hoses, it took a bit to get the coolant flowing through the whose system, But after some tinkering we got it so the temp would go up and the fans would come on for a bit and the temp would drop and they'd go off. I let this repeat a few times. I could feel the new radiator and fans putting off heat. Went for a drive, While driving the temp stayed pretty low, as its about 70 out this evening and that air was keeping her cool. New fans are WAY quieter, but I cleaned the old ones up, and they seem to look and work great, So I guess I'll put them on the shelf until I can bring my self to toss em.

I've been making a list of other things to get to on the car,

Gas gauge is all over the map, Shows little or no fuel, but I'm pretty sure I've got it toped off.
    Passenger side window will go down, but I've got to really fiddle with the switch, driver side better but not great. (new switches?)
    We can't decide if a valve is tapping, it's sounds like maybe? We've listend to other Deloreans on youtube, perhaps this is just how they sound? (Will keep exploring)
    Idel is good, steady, I like that.
    No AC, This is something I'll probably have DMCFL handle.
    Cosmetically the car looks great, Original all around, Seats are really nice for 81, dash and binnacle are not cracked, A little yellow, not noticeably to non delorean people. Original paint on facias is good.
    The car has 24,000 miles.
    The plan is to get her the care she needs.
    Thanks for keeping up with me so far!
    Last edited by Parzival; 12-03-2018 at 01:12 AM.