FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Insurance companies

I have used State Farm for about 35 years on all manner of cars - from daily drivers to DeLoreans and Lotuses. They have always been very easy to deal with in terms of claims. I get the work done where I want, how I want. I have no limitations on how I may use the cars as well, and I can suspend coverage for the specialty cars during the winter.
    --
    Mike

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Hagerty, agreed value $25K, $381/year.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Interesting. So far Grundy has the cheapest rate. Why do you like them?
    I compared Grundy, Heacock, and Hagerty. Grundy was only a few dollars different than (I think) Heacock, with similar coverage. Hagerty was a decent amount more expensive (again, I think. It’s been a little over a year since I switched carriers). Grundy offered me coverage for the level of use I was looking for, at a reasonable price.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

As a (retired) vendor, I've dealt with most of the major insurance companies on DMC repairs. The only one that gave me anything close to a hard time was Geico, and with a bit of negotiation they worked out OK. State Farm and Hagerty were very easy. I don't recall dealing with Progressive.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Hagerty for over 10 years now on a Declared Valuation policy. As the car's value changes I make adjustments.

I have garage space (required by Hagerty) and enjoy being able to use the car for the usual pleasure drives and club events, no real limits on usage since it's not my daily driver. I declare an annual mileage range. The rate is affordable. Their claim settlement reputation meets my needs.

I tacked on their Hagerty Plus Roadside Assistance for this car (approved flatbed tow for up to 150 miles) plus emergency lockout/fuel/battery jump for the D plus 2 daily drivers. Great peace of mind; so far have not had to use them.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Hagerty for over 10 years now on a Declared Valuation policy. As the car's value changes I make adjustments.

I have garage space (required by Hagerty) and enjoy being able to use the car for the usual pleasure drives and club events, no real limits on usage since it's not my daily driver. I declare an annual mileage range. The rate is affordable. Their claim settlement reputation meets my needs.

I tacked on their Hagerty Plus Roadside Assistance for this car (approved flatbed tow for up to 150 miles) plus emergency lockout/fuel/battery jump for the D plus 2 daily drivers. Great peace of mind; so far have not had to use them.
    Last edited by Rich; 12-03-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Mods please delete dupe posting. Sorry.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

My advice is to shop the rates for the same coverage that you want/need. Then, after a year, shop again at renewal. There's no reward for loyalty to your insurance company. In fact, I've found it's just the opposite. They will raise your rate slowly with each renewal. If you take the time to shop at renewal, then you'll know that you're still getting a fair deal if you renew with the same company, or, how much your loyalty is costing you.

That said, I won't buy from Geico. I had someone rear end me in my daily driver and I toured auto body shops to see which one I would choose to repair my car. A friend recommended the shop his company uses (Gieco). The front end of the business was tight. Great customer service. But being a car guy, I wanted to see the shop/paint booth, equipment staff, etc. Bottom line: I wouldn't let them touch my car. So, the saying "you get what you pay for " also applies.

Be a savvy insurance customer. At least in Florida, it is not a small expense.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

I have American Collectors Insurance with an agreed value of $27k for about $250/yr. I have never filed a claim through them though, and they never once asked for my odometer reading even though they have mileage restrictions. I have a feeling they might try to pull something if I ever file a claim. I'll probably go with Hagerty or Grundy next.

My VIN:    01800

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    USAA, regular policy w/full coverage.
    Ditto. Before that, I used Allstate. Like someone else said, shop around.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast