FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance companies

Insurance companies

I’m curious who other owners are using to insure their D. I currently have Progressive but I’ve been hearing bad things about them lately and their rates are much higher compared to other companies.

Farmers, State Farm, and Hagerty are all roughly half the cost of Progressive for the same amount of coverage. Thoughts?

My VIN:    04629

My D is insured with Safeco, good rates and they allow you to choose $$ (value) of your car for coverage. American Family will NOT insure your dream!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You cannot compare your situation in your State to anyone in another State. The rules and rates vary. Basically there are two ways to insure your car. As a DD (daily driver) like any other car that is used with no limitations and as a classic/historical/collectable that is limited use. If you go that route you should get several quotes from companies that specialize in that category like Taylor, Grundy, Haggerty, etc. Be sure to ask for "Agreed Value" and understand each companie's limitations as to mileage and driver's age. You may also be required to get license plates that are classic too. Check with your DMV for the rules.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Between VINs

USAA, regular policy w/full coverage.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    USAA, regular policy w/full coverage.
    Same here.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Same here.
    The Delorean is my only vehicle *not* insured w/ USAA. I did use them for it for a while though.
    I started with American Collectors Insurance, then USAA, now Grundy. The main reason I left USAA was they wouldn’t do agreed value, and I eventually got too uncomfortable with that.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I started with American Collectors Insurance, then USAA, now Grundy.
    Interesting. So far Grundy has the cheapest rate. Why do you like them?

My VIN:    6472

Geico, fully insured as a regular car, no limitations.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Every situation is different. I have 4 vehicles and a motorcycle insured so naturally I get a better rate for multiple cars. I have a great driving record and a local branch with Allstate. I buy comprehensive on everything and the policy limits will affect your rate. So many factors to consider that you can't compare rates with other people. All you can do is shop around for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Every situation is different. I have 4 vehicles and a motorcycle insured so naturally I get a better rate for multiple cars. I have a great driving record and a local branch with Allstate. I buy comprehensive on everything and the policy limits will affect your rate. So many factors to consider that you can't compare rates with other people. All you can do is shop around for yourself.
    It’s not rates I’m after, it’s experience dealing with these companies. Some are notorious for bad customer service, weird exclusions, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast