FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Insurance companies

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Funny thing about USAA is that I was able to get classic car insurance through them while I lived in NY, but in Florida they will not offer it to me.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You can google classic car insurance for other companies to compare. Look up Taylor. $25K for agreed value is a bit low. The question you should ask yourself is how much will it cost to replace your car in it's present condition if it vanished tomorrow?
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Does anyone have an agreed value policy without any driving restrictions, and if so with which insurance company?
    I’m not 100% sure about Hagerty (it looks like there’s no restrictions) but Grundy allows unlimited “pleasure drives”. You’re not supposed to use the car as a daily driver and run errands with it, and each licensed member of your household must have their own daily driver.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I’m not 100% sure about Hagerty (it looks like there’s no restrictions) but Grundy allows unlimited “pleasure drives”. You’re not supposed to use the car as a daily driver and run errands with it, and each licensed member of your household must have their own daily driver.
    I have Grundy (on a different collector car) and as I earlier posted here they said, relative to insuring my DeLorean: "Thank you for contacting Grundy Worldwide. For any vehicle on the collector policy you cannot use the vehicle for running errands, taking trips out of town unless it is being used for hobby related use such as a car show, tour or parade. To visit a friend out of town on an extended trip we would consider that daily use [and not covered]." So be very careful with them. For my other car it was not a problem as its use is very limited.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    I have Grundy (on a different collector car) and as I earlier posted here they said, relative to insuring my DeLorean: "Thank you for contacting Grundy Worldwide. For any vehicle on the collector policy you cannot use the vehicle for running errands, taking trips out of town unless it is being used for hobby related use such as a car show, tour or parade. To visit a friend out of town on an extended trip we would consider that daily use [and not covered]." So be very careful with them. For my other car it was not a problem as its use is very limited.
    Just a reminder, even with the same company (Grundy) the rules vary State to State so you MUST check exactly what the rules are by each company for the policy they offer IN YOUR STATE. If you have ANY doubts call and ask them directly BEFORE you have a claim. Also if you have collector or historic plates your State may have rules about use too. For example I offer my car for commercials and other related stuff. My policy does not cover commercial use BUT, if you call you can get special one-time coverage for the day for an extra fee if the person hiring you does not insure you. I just add that to my charges for the day. Adds about $100 . Most collector polices will not cover you for ordinary use like commuting or errands, that's why they are so inexpensive.
    Last edited by David T; 12-19-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4