FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: What's this?

My VIN:    3455

What's this?

I had the rear shelf cover off today to check a fuse and noticed something i couldn't identify. It's always been kind of a mess under there, but I've never had any real electrical issues. There are a bunch of vampire clips and aftermarket relays that look like part of Hervey's relay update kit. I have working door poppers and a remote lock, but no alarm. There are also some stereo upgrades, amps, etc. that add to the confusion. The part I'd like to identify is this black box circled in the 2nd image. There's a red wire and a black wire connected to the side, but also a harness at the bottom with about a dozen wires that aren't connected to anything. There's one yellow/black wire spliced into something but everything else dead-ends. I guess I figured it was part of the remote lock/popper system, but if that's the case what are all the dead wires for?

IMG_3784.jpgIMG_3785.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalB View Post
    I had the rear shelf cover off today to check a fuse and noticed something i couldn't identify. It's always been kind of a mess under there, but I've never had any real electrical issues. There are a bunch of vampire clips and aftermarket relays that look like part of Hervey's relay update kit. I have working door poppers and a remote lock, but no alarm. There are also some stereo upgrades, amps, etc. that add to the confusion. The part I'd like to identify is this black box circled in the 2nd image. There's a red wire and a black wire connected to the side, but also a harness at the bottom with about a dozen wires that aren't connected to anything. There's one yellow/black wire spliced into something but everything else dead-ends. I guess I figured it was part of the remote lock/popper system, but if that's the case what are all the dead wires for?

IMG_3784.jpgIMG_3785.jpg
    It's the module for the door launchers. The module is probably a universal generic control unit used in other applications so there are unused wires.

it's a mess !

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Yep, for door launchers, remote Lock and Unlock. an many other features.. Looks like the one Toby sells.