FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LED front blinkers

My VIN:    04629

I had a similar problem with those same bulbs/vendor. I couldn't figure out why and went back to the incandescent bulbs in front only, I'd be interested in what you find out. My car is on jacks for winter maintenance and all those other, "while you're in there" jobs.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    DMC Houston recently sent an email to me saying that their front LED blinker bulbs may be faulty.
    I would be interested in knowing if there is more details about this. I also purchased their LED bulbs but I don't see any email about them. I checked their site and find nothing about it either.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    I would be interested in knowing if there is more details about this. I also purchased their LED bulbs but I don't see any email about them. I checked their site and find nothing about it either.
    30F7A963-44D6-4A42-93EF-12638F62233B.jpg

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    I just ordered the same set from deloreango and am waiting for the package to arrive. Will update when I get mine installed to see if I get the same problem.
    Please do!

I can isolate the back-feed to just the front blinkers. When I remove the front blinker LED's or when I put the incandescent bulbs back in, the back-feed is non-existent. Something about those front LED bulbs isn't right.

For the time being I reverted back to incandescent bulbs for the front blinkers.

My VIN:    10353

Finally got my set in the mail. Installed the rear boards with LEDs and swapped out the relay under the dash. No problems with my set.

I have regular bulbs up front still, but do have LEDs for the turn signal indicators in the binnacle. Hope you get your issue solved!

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Finally got my set in the mail. Installed the rear boards with LEDs and swapped out the relay under the dash. No problems with my set.

I have regular bulbs up front still, but do have LEDs for the turn signal indicators in the binnacle. Hope you get your issue solved!
    So you still have incandescent bulbs for the two front blinkers? My dash/binnacle is entirely LED (minus the alt bulb), and the signal indicators work fine as long as the blinkers up front are incandescent. It's only when I swap the front blinker lights with their LED equivalents that I get a back-feed in my dash/binnacle.

My VIN:    10353

Quote Originally Posted by bytes311 View Post
    So you still have incandescent bulbs for the two front blinkers? My dash/binnacle is entirely LED (minus the alt bulb), and the signal indicators work fine as long as the blinkers up front are incandescent. It's only when I swap the front blinker lights with their LED equivalents that I get a back-feed in my dash/binnacle.
    Ya, just regular bulbs up front. If your system works when having regular bulbs up front I would probably just stick with those. Not sure it's worth trying to figure out where the electrical gremlin is for two more LED lights in the front.

Hmmmm. I swapped out my exterior lights/taillight circuit boards with LEDs from DMC Houston. My dash, AC panel, and headlights are the only things not LED at the moment. I I plan to do the dash and AC panel next and probably leave headlights alone. They are just so classic as is. My passenger front blinker does not blink but everything else works as it should after LED installation. It lights up just fine. I haven't figured it out yet either, so I am interested in what you end up finding on your end.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    Hmmmm. I swapped out my exterior lights/taillight circuit boards with LEDs from DMC Houston. My dash, AC panel, and headlights are the only things not LED at the moment. I I plan to do the dash and AC panel next and probably leave headlights alone. They are just so classic as is. My passenger front blinker does not blink but everything else works as it should after LED installation. It lights up just fine. I haven't figured it out yet either, so I am interested in what you end up finding on your end.
    I did Daves LED Board for the AC panel. Its a fun afternoon project, and darn if it isnt worth it. Go for a quick drive and feel the panel, then after you change it out, do another drive and check it a 2nd time you will see lol
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast