FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: LED front blinkers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

LED front blinkers

Hey Guys,

I recently upgraded all of my dash cluster lights to LED's (except for the battery light), and tonight I upgraded my taillights and front blinker lights to LED's and replaced the flasher relay under the dash.

My blinkers work as expected, as long as the headlight switch is turned off. When I press the headlight switch once to illuminate the dash, both indicator lights in the dash come on for some reason. Same when I press the switch twice to enable the headlights. If I toggle the turn signal lever with the dash lights or headlights on, the relay under the dash clicks at a slower interval than usual. Same if I turn the hazards on while the lights are on. It blinks very slowly.

I swapped one of the front blinker bulbs back to the OEM incandescent bulb and the indicator light for that side turned off, and flashed at a normal interval. So I believe it has something to do with having LED's in those sockets. Removing the relay completely had no effect on the indicator lights in the dash.

These are the LED's which I'm having issues with: https://www.deloreango.com/us/led-bu...indicator.html

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?
    Last edited by bytes311; 12-11-2018 at 09:35 PM.