FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VIN 1922 for sale at $76k.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    I'm curious what the listing exactly means by crate transmission with a digital shift computer. Is that just fancy for the original 3 speed shit the bed and now there is a new one with a rebuilt governor or is there a special transmission here?
    My guess on that is the transmission was not working so they bought an NOS one (not a rebuilt or rebuilding the old one) from DMCH along with a new shift computer.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Is that really a for sale ad? is he really selling his car?

In the "how it works" section "Wild About Cars Garage" say they are a "buyers agent", so have they just cobbled together some pics and a description, added a high price and will cold call the owner if they get an offer?

Notice there is no location mentioned on the ad.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Probably a consignment deal meaning the car is not in the dealer's possession on the lot. The owner still has it. This is his "Don't want to sell it" price but if you give him that money and twist his arm he will let you have the car.
    David Teitelbaum

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

What I can tell you all is that Toby Peterson did all the work on the car including the wing back when he was still with DMC.

As it's already been said this is most likely the "I don't want to sell it price". Just because you dump a ton of money into car doesn't always mean you'll get your money back in a sale.

I would throw the ugly wing away and could live with the rest.

Toby is one the best Delorean mechanics so this car should be pretty reliable.

Just isn't worth 76k....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Burns View Post
    What I can tell you all is that Toby Peterson did all the work on the car including the wing back when he was still with DMC.

As it's already been said this is most likely the "I don't want to sell it price". Just because you dump a ton of money into car doesn't always mean you'll get your money back in a sale.

I would throw the ugly wing away and could live with the rest.

Toby is one the best Delorean mechanics so this car should be pretty reliable.

Just isn't worth 76k....
    this car has also the rear anti sway bar made by Toby
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    5312

76 grand i'd personally prefer to go for the putsch racing DeLorean but this? That wing needs to go, why put a DeLorean in the same marquee as a ricer. Different league wait different freaking ball game, jeebus.
    Last edited by Riley88; 12-15-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2