FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hoovies garage buys a Delorean for 14k

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hoovies garage buys a Delorean for 14k

My VIN:    5312

No idea who this guy is but the second he sat on the hood i turned it off lol.

My VIN:    <2000

Well bought from what I saw, but from the short video the car needs the auto transmission rebuilt or replaced, engine tune up (or at least stalling diagnosis and repair), brakes, tires, headliners, door struts etc. It will be much more than the purchase price when he's done.

I hope the guy wasn't expecting a well sorted car for $14,000. He didn't seem to be aware of the parts availability and support either, unless that comment was for dramatic effect for the video.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The car is barely a "runner". It will need all the usual things and depending on who does the work it is going to cost plenty. It does look pretty clean for 56K miles though. I thought I saw a dent on the left "B" pillar near the top.
    David Teitelbaum

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I generally despise youtube stars, especially those who are self absorbed, obnoxious and only famous because they are famous, but that guy seemed to be none of those things and pretty down to earth. Good for him to be doing what he loves and making money from it...if anything I'm just jealous he makes in a few weeks what I do in a year(maybe twenty years) just by filming himself buying and messing with cars.

So all the best to him and his new DeLorean. Hope he brings it up to snuff and films his driving adventures with it.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Ive seen alot of Tylers videos, he proudly buys and sells cars from his "Hooptie fleet", he is a collector of cheaper and strange cars that are usually broken, instead of high end and perfect cars he gives a review and enjoys them before selling them usually for a loss. One common things of his channel is his shtick that like some other popular automotive YT personalities lately where they buy the "Worlds cheapest xxxxx car" that they found for sale online at that time. Most of his new cars are project cars that need some work one way or another, its not a slight against the car or the car's enthusiasts but a mild comedic way to talk about interesting cars. I think its a great way to introduce new people into the car hobby by saying hey you dont need to buy an expensive classic car to have fun in an older car, old cars are fun but you can get in over your head so learn from his mistakes.

He is not very mechanically talented so he takes his cars to his local specialty mechanic he calls the Car Wizard. That guy is not a hack and will be the one that fixes up the car. Don't expect him to do a full restoration on this car, he rarely keeps any car more than 6 months, it gets sold/traded off screen and he gets something else that will attract viewers to his channel. Id be very surprised if the car ends up in worse shape when he is done with it. He does buy some expensive broken cars and quickly gets way underwater on them to fix them up, its all part of the reaction video theme that is popular of the internet these days.

While im sure the channel makes good money to support his 10+ car fleet his is family runs a a local restaurant chain in Kansas that he manages; before that he was a car salesman. That and living in rural Kansas affords him to play the idiot that spends $30k to fix a $25k car, its all in good fun and nobody gets hurt as it's paid for, I do believe he is a genuine and down to earth guy. I just hope this car doesn't share the fate of his Ferrari f355 which had a massive engine fire after a fuel hose was rubbed through by a poorly placed hose clamp that nobody noticed.

My VIN:    5823

Club(s):   (DCH)

I have been watching his films from when he did the one with the DeLorean and Bricklin. Always good to see somebody enjoy what het is doing. I thought car guys always do there own wrenching/ maintenance, but it shows here that you don't have to.
    I gues most of is (including myself) are a little jealous he bought a running 14000$ D to fix up.

Latest video totaling his repair costs.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Thanks, Chris.

Where have we heard this story before? Buy a broken D for ~$15K, inject ~$10K to make it safely driveable and livable (tires, door struts/latches, fuel pump, transmission, brakes).

Happy to hear Hoovie say he loves the car, even without his knowing exactly why. At the moment he thinks he's ahead on the deal - I'd agree.

Nice to see yet another DeLorean back in action.

Welcome to the world of DeLorean ownership, Hoovie!
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast