FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What bulkhead connector is this, and temp gauge TS-ing

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

The wires on the other side of my red and black wired plug are black, black/green, black/green. I tried tracing where it goes, but it just disappears into the harness. Without taking things apart on mine, I can’t give any more info.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    The wires on the other side of my red and black wired plug are black, black/green, black/green. I tried tracing where it goes, but it just disappears into the harness. Without taking things apart on mine, I can’t give any more info.
    No worries appriciate the help. Im onto bigger fish it seems. Drove out to where i keep my car and thought hey....its 9pm why not start a car project without the proper tools. As in swap in delorean performance industries lower control arm supports ive been sitting on since i was waiting to get my car back. Get the tire off, spend an hour with a ratchet on one bolt because i left my impact at home. and whoops the bolt i had holding the lca in fell out and id idnt notice so when i popped the other end out....the lca went down....and i dont have a spring compressor lol. I may be buying a new lca set soon we? ill find out tomorrow ~_~
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    Midproduction

Do we have a thread on loose connectors? I see questions on these all too often.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

For when you get back to it...
    showthread.php?17084-Wire-Colors-by-Circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    For when you get back to it...
    showthread.php?17084-Wire-Colors-by-Circuit
    I have that connector loose too, Not sure what it is yet.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

What bulkhead connector is this, and temp gauge TS-ing

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    Do we have a thread on loose connectors? I see questions on these all too often.
    I’ll clarify that white floating connector with Black/Red wires.

In the Early 81’s, that was used inline between the idle micro-switch and the Vacuum Solenoid. It is on the wire diagram as shown here.

Later 81’s had an engine wire harness revision that delated the BU (Black/blue) wire with mating connector. (Btw the wire is mis-colored Blue /Red in the diagram) For some Unknown reason DMC integrated the RF Filter in the other engine bay harness but never removed it from the production design of that harness.

Hopes this clears things up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

I remember finding that capacitor on the back side of my bulkhead connectors when I put new pins in my connectors. But the capacitor was wired to the wrong side of the wire to vacuum solenoid. It was wired to the 12 volt side rather than the switched side. So the capacitor did nothing for curing the inductive spike in my case. That spike would fire the ignition and thus cause my RPM relay to re-prime if you hit the gas without the engine running. Some cars had that capacitor mounted near the idle switch on the mixture unit.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2