FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    From what I understand carbed DeLoreans are a pain to mow and weed around in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    From what I understand carbed DeLoreans are a pain to mow and weed around in the summer.
    When I factor in that she started on the very first turn of the key I'd say I won't be having that problem, but I'll leave the door open just in case you might be correct this one time.

there was a carbureted Delorean at DMC Florida when I was there this week, I believe the owner was trying to find out if he still had the k-jet system laying around so they could put it back in. Looked like who ever put the carb in had also cut the engine cover to make room for an air intake.
    Is your engine cover cut? Are you going to rebuild the fuel injection system? I'd ask the family if they see anything around the garage that might be it. I doubt he threw it away.
    Its not a big deal. It can all be put back to the way it was, just a bit of work is all.
    Last edited by Parzival; 02-22-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    there was a carbureted Delorean at DMC Florida when I was there this week, I believe the owner was trying to find out if he still had the k-jet system laying around so they could put it back in. Looked like who ever put the carb in had also cut the engine cover to make room for an air intake.
    Is your engine cover cut? Are you going to rebuild the fuel injection system? I'd ask the family if they see anything around the garage that might be it. I doubt he threw it away.
    Its not a big deal. It can all be put back to the way it was, just a bit of work is all.
    No offense but what makes you think I'd want to put back the K jet? Right now I'm not 100% sure it's carbed,what I do know is that she starts on the first pull and runs well, why would I try messing with a good thing?

I'll find out tomorrow exactly what's cooking in the engine bay and report back ASAP. If I figure out how to post photos I will.

My VIN:    AXI 1698 Factory RHD, MGJ 126Y Factory RHD. (Formally AXI 1699)

Club(s):  

[QUOTE= why would I try messing with a good thing?

My thoughts exactly.........I love the Bosch K-Jet system.
    [email protected]Chris P. Historian of the DOC UK

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

At the last DCS two venders wearing DeLorean baseball caps assaulted me. They said this is kjet country then they wrapped a fuel line around my neck.

At the last DCS two venders wearing DeLorean baseball caps assaulted me. They said this is kjet country then they wrapped a fuel line around my neck.
    Now that's classic!

Nothing witty here lest it offend

It's time to start believing victims of K-Jet Assault

Okay so a Long time member of the forum dropped by today, he gave my car the once over. First of all it does still have the Kjet system in place, new headers, advanced cams and exhaust work done. She again started on the first pull so all systems are in order and the fuel tank may have a gallon of gas or so. She needs a good cleaning, new tires, as these appear to be from 1995. Got questions, ask away. Oh owners manual was in the glove box. And she's an oct of 81 build but has the digital clock but no gas flad hood.

PS. Vin is : 4850

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast