FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - AT THEATERS THIS WEEKEND & ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

My VIN:    1623

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    Can you guys tell me if a "STAGE II" engine requires premium or super gas? While this car doesn't have an official stage II it does have headers, CAM work upgraded exhaust etc.

For the few thousand miles I'll be driving her a year I don't mind the extra cost of the fuel, at some point I'll try a lower grade fuel amd see how she runs, thanks.
    I have a Stage II and always run premium. I believe that is what DMCH recommends, based on more aggressive timing. I could be wrong though. At any rate, premium canít hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    I have a Stage II and always run premium. I believe that is what DMCH recommends, based on more aggressive timing. I could be wrong though. At any rate, premium can’t hurt.
    You are correct. High octane recommended for stage II (and no doubt stage III)

Fuel octane debate in 3...2...1...

My VIN:    3937

Car looks nice dude. Send more if you'd like and I'll post 'em for you. I'm sure others would like to see more. Interior shots and for certain the engine bay. Cheers.

IMG_20190403_191155058.jpgIMG_20190222_114320066_HDR.jpgIMG_20190403_191203626.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10353

Was the driver's door regrained or replaced? Looks different from rest of stainless. Nice looking flat hood!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Car looks nice dude. Send more if you'd like and I'll post 'em for you. I'm sure others would like to see more. Interior shots and for certain the engine bay. Cheers.

IMG_20190403_191155058.jpgIMG_20190222_114320066_HDR.jpgIMG_20190403_191203626.jpg
    Thanks for posting them for me, give me a few days, with 2 kids and a wife I'm kept busy. I've got to clean her up some more and I'll take some more shots and e-mail them over. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Was the driver's door regrained or replaced? Looks different from rest of stainless. Nice looking flat hood!
    I don't know for a fact about either option on the drivers door but as far as I know it's all original. That's the only picture it's shows that way in, I'll take more and see.

Got to clean her up, right now I have no room in the garage so when it rains she gets dirty.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You are correct. High octane recommended for stage II (and no doubt stage III)

Fuel octane debate in 3...2...1...
    Does the stage II actually change the compression ratio of the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Does the stage II actually change the compression ratio of the engine?
    I don't think so but the ignition is slightly advanced. The cams might necessitate higher octane as well but I have no idea if they are degreed or not. One of the vendors said to run lower octane and if you don't knock then fine but you don't always hear knock and I don't have a data logger. For as little as I drive my car and the 10 to 15 cent difference in price, it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't think so but the ignition is slightly advanced. The cams might necessitate higher octane as well but I have no idea if they are degreed or not. One of the vendors said to run lower octane and if you don't knock then fine but you don't always hear knock and I don't have a data logger. For as little as I drive my car and the 10 to 15 cent difference in price, it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.
    In my case the "Stage II" wasn't done at a DMC facility, it was done at a location in So. California that the owner has since sold and retired. Advanced cams, headers, air intake, exhaust upgrades and I have no way of knowing if the compression ratio has changed. I may try a mid grade fuel to see but as mentioned the limited number of miles won't kill me to pay for super.

I have to ask, where does super cost only $.15 more per gal then regular or mid grade, here in NJ super is a good $.75 higher then regular and $.30 higher then a mid grade.

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    I have to ask, where does super cost only $.15 more per gal then regular or mid grade, here in NJ super is a good $.75 higher then regular and $.30 higher then a mid grade.
    In E TN. Gas prices are a bit different and quite seasonal but you are right. The last time I actually compared prices(maybe 20 years or more?), you paid .10 to. 15 difference between grades which pretty much illustrates how much importance I put on the price of gas.

Heck I put premium in my 1500 work van...just because. The only thing that gets regular is the lawn equipment.
    Last edited by Michael; 04-08-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast