FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

My VIN:    3757

ah... car trailer?

Well, DMV strikes again....An officer from my local PD comes over, signs the document, adds the current mileage, his badge number etc.

Me, all happy, square away my day and run over to DMV happy as a pig in crapola, right......WRONG!

OK so the document verifying the mileage/vin # is fine, but they now ware curious that the title itself has no listed mileage on it whatsoever. After a big powwow with the clerk and supervisor I'm told, "You can't tile this vehicle until you get a statement from California DMV with previously listed mileage."

I ask, Just how am I supposed to do that? Blank looks and crickets is what I get.

Being short on time (Yes I do work), I leave to fight another day, I'll go to a different DMV and hopefully get a better result, fingers crossed. I know this will work out, it's just a matter of time and frustration.

Thanks for letting me vent.

My VIN:    10353

Maybe try pulling a carfax and hopefully there is some history listed there that might have an old mileage from when it was last registered.

Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Maybe try pulling a carfax and hopefully there is some history listed there that might have an old mileage from when it was last registered.
    Good idea.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Is there a place on the Title to actually put the mileage? On New Jersey Titles the seller has a spot to put the mileage. If so, just fill lin the mileage. Otherwise you might have to go back to the fiduciary and ask him to fill out some kind of California mileage verification form. Maybe some calls to Trenton or California may help. Seems like they are going out of their way to make it hard for you on a 30 year old car that the mileage doesn't really matter that much anymore. Maybe they think it rolled over? Perhaps a Carfax report can help.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Is there a place on the Title to actually put the mileage? On New Jersey Titles the seller has a spot to put the mileage. If so, just fill lin the mileage. Otherwise you might have to go back to the fiduciary and ask him to fill out some kind of California mileage verification form. Maybe some calls to Trenton or California may help. Seems like they are going out of their way to make it hard for you on a 30 year old car that the mileage doesn't really matter that much anymore. Maybe they think it rolled over? Perhaps a Carfax report can help.
    I really think I'm just getting the bad luck of the draw at the teller window. The teller/clerk next to the one I had rolled her eyes when I was being wreaked over the coals as if to say, "That's BS, just give the man his new title and move it along."

I'll go to Bergen Co. on Monday if time permits and see what gives there, if not I'll try once again, with hopefully a new clerk.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Must be something about where I've lived, but in all of the years I've owned my car (in three different states), on the title they've simply put "EXEMPT" under "odometer" because once a car is over a certain age they simply don't care. As a result, I've had no trouble registering it. In Florida I did have to get a "VIN check," which was a first (Louisiana and New York didn't care).

Good luck.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Must be something about where I've lived, but in all of the years I've owned my car (in three different states), on the title they've simply put "EXEMPT" under "odometer" because once a car is over a certain age they simply don't care. As a result, I've had no trouble registering it. In Florida I did have to get a "VIN check," which was a first (Louisiana and New York didn't care).

Good luck.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure mine says this too, I will confirm when I'm home and can look at the title

Well smother me in honey and tie me to a tree, I got a clean title yesterday and managed to get plates! Yippy, filled her with super, took the car for a ride around town. No complaints to speak of, but I do notice a little water in front on the drivers side after I park her. It's not gas, has no odor or smell so I'm assuming just plain water, I just don't know where it's coming from.

She runs high RPM at idle after being run, between 1500-2000 RPM, is there a simple way to adjust that down?

Short of that, she changes gears easily and freely, revs well and rides solid. Questions or comments?

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

The water could be from the washer bottle/washer bottle cover (106087), it is up in front of the driver front wheel. See if there are any drips coming from that box or if there are even any holes drilled in it.

With the idle, I'd start with the engine running, open up the engine compartment and see if you can turn the throttle spool by hand in the closed/idle direction (not so that the engine revs). If it lowers the idle then the spool is sticking. It also could be an adjustment at the spool if that doesn't do anything.
    -----Dan B.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast