FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - AT THEATERS THIS WEEKEND & ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

  1. #111
    Senior Member Silverbullet's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2012

    Location:  Brea, CA

    Posts:    591

    My VIN:    3757

    ah... car trailer?

  2. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    107

    Well, DMV strikes again....An officer from my local PD comes over, signs the document, adds the current mileage, his badge number etc.

    Me, all happy, square away my day and run over to DMV happy as a pig in crapola, right......WRONG!

    OK so the document verifying the mileage/vin # is fine, but they now ware curious that the title itself has no listed mileage on it whatsoever. After a big powwow with the clerk and supervisor I'm told, "You can't tile this vehicle until you get a statement from California DMV with previously listed mileage."

    I ask, Just how am I supposed to do that? Blank looks and crickets is what I get.

    Being short on time (Yes I do work), I leave to fight another day, I'll go to a different DMV and hopefully get a better result, fingers crossed. I know this will work out, it's just a matter of time and frustration.

    Thanks for letting me vent.

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Oct 2016

    Location:  San Diego, CA

    Posts:    226

    My VIN:    10353

    Maybe try pulling a carfax and hopefully there is some history listed there that might have an old mileage from when it was last registered.

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    107

    Quote Originally Posted by eight8toy View Post
    Maybe try pulling a carfax and hopefully there is some history listed there that might have an old mileage from when it was last registered.
    Good idea.

  5. #115
    Delorean Guru
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Northern NJ

    Posts:    7,106

    My VIN:    10757

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Is there a place on the Title to actually put the mileage? On New Jersey Titles the seller has a spot to put the mileage. If so, just fill lin the mileage. Otherwise you might have to go back to the fiduciary and ask him to fill out some kind of California mileage verification form. Maybe some calls to Trenton or California may help. Seems like they are going out of their way to make it hard for you on a 30 year old car that the mileage doesn't really matter that much anymore. Maybe they think it rolled over? Perhaps a Carfax report can help.
    David Teitelbaum

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    107

    Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Is there a place on the Title to actually put the mileage? On New Jersey Titles the seller has a spot to put the mileage. If so, just fill lin the mileage. Otherwise you might have to go back to the fiduciary and ask him to fill out some kind of California mileage verification form. Maybe some calls to Trenton or California may help. Seems like they are going out of their way to make it hard for you on a 30 year old car that the mileage doesn't really matter that much anymore. Maybe they think it rolled over? Perhaps a Carfax report can help.
    I really think I'm just getting the bad luck of the draw at the teller window. The teller/clerk next to the one I had rolled her eyes when I was being wreaked over the coals as if to say, "That's BS, just give the man his new title and move it along."

    I'll go to Bergen Co. on Monday if time permits and see what gives there, if not I'll try once again, with hopefully a new clerk.

  7. #117
    Owner since 2007 Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Fort Lauderdale

    Posts:    4,691

    My VIN:    02613

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Must be something about where I've lived, but in all of the years I've owned my car (in three different states), on the title they've simply put "EXEMPT" under "odometer" because once a car is over a certain age they simply don't care. As a result, I've had no trouble registering it. In Florida I did have to get a "VIN check," which was a first (Louisiana and New York didn't care).

    Good luck.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

  8. #118
    Senior Member Parzival's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2018

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    192

    Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    Must be something about where I've lived, but in all of the years I've owned my car (in three different states), on the title they've simply put "EXEMPT" under "odometer" because once a car is over a certain age they simply don't care. As a result, I've had no trouble registering it. In Florida I did have to get a "VIN check," which was a first (Louisiana and New York didn't care).

    Good luck.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure mine says this too, I will confirm when I'm home and can look at the title

  9. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Dec 2018

    Posts:    107

    Well smother me in honey and tie me to a tree, I got a clean title yesterday and managed to get plates! Yippy, filled her with super, took the car for a ride around town. No complaints to speak of, but I do notice a little water in front on the drivers side after I park her. It's not gas, has no odor or smell so I'm assuming just plain water, I just don't know where it's coming from.

    She runs high RPM at idle after being run, between 1500-2000 RPM, is there a simple way to adjust that down?

    Short of that, she changes gears easily and freely, revs well and rides solid. Questions or comments?

  10. #120
    EFI'd dn010's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jul 2011

    Location:  Florida: Pinellas County

    Posts:    1,785

    My VIN:    5003

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    The water could be from the washer bottle/washer bottle cover (106087), it is up in front of the driver front wheel. See if there are any drips coming from that box or if there are even any holes drilled in it.

    With the idle, I'd start with the engine running, open up the engine compartment and see if you can turn the throttle spool by hand in the closed/idle direction (not so that the engine revs). If it lowers the idle then the spool is sticking. It also could be an adjustment at the spool if that doesn't do anything.
    -----Dan B.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •