FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    Shipping company says they are on schedule to pick up car in California today, preliminary delivery date set for 2-20-19. It's been slow but getting done, another day closer.
    Congrats!

That time range seems right. Took about 8 days to get my car from Southern CA to Long Island.

-Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NJP548 View Post
    Congrats!

That time range seems right. Took about 8 days to get my car from Southern CA to Long Island.

-Nick
    I'm hoping it takes a couple of extra days, they picked it up yesterday at 12:45 PM, I'm hoping for a Saturday delivery so I can be home all day if needed. During the week I'm out the door by noon, or 1 PM the latest.

I'm really hoping they show up in the morning so I can video it being offloaded and then take proper possession, before heading out.

I told the delivery company of my hours but I can't see them holding off delivery until the next morning if they are ready to drop it at 5 PM on a Wednesday.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    I'm hoping it takes a couple of extra days, they picked it up yesterday at 12:45 PM, I'm hoping for a Saturday delivery so I can be home all day if needed. During the week I'm out the door by noon, or 1 PM the latest.

I'm really hoping they show up in the morning so I can video it being offloaded and then take proper possession, before heading out.

I told the delivery company of my hours but I can't see them holding off delivery until the next morning if they are ready to drop it at 5 PM on a Wednesday.

I actually took off the day they were to deliver my car because I didn't know exactly when it was going to be. They driver gave me an approximate day a few days ahead of time.

Good luck!

-Nick

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Most shipping companies wil work with you to schedule delivery because they need someone to accept delivery. They don't want to just drop it in your driveway and leave. They usually have several cars they deliver to an area so they can just rearrange and do another car and then do you earlier or later. Call enough in advance and schedule so they can juggle their deliveries to meet your needs. Best to receive it in the daylight in good weather if possible.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Most shipping companies wil work with you to schedule delivery because they need someone to accept delivery. They don't want to just drop it in your driveway and leave. They usually have several cars they deliver to an area so they can just rearrange and do another car and then do you earlier or later. Call enough in advance and schedule so they can juggle their deliveries to meet your needs. Best to receive it in the daylight in good weather if possible.

Thanks, I've told them it has to be an AM delivery, just didn't know they'd honor the time frame like that. I'll be sure to contact them again come either Saturday or Monday the latest to reaffirm the date and time frame.

I still haven't really tried posting photos yet, I've got a few in my phone prior to it being picked up, but will work on posting them soon'ish. (I hate tech stuff)

Back to weather conditions, I'll take it whatever the conditions are, I just hope it's not snowing. I know rain could mask condition of the body but I don't mind getting wet to look things over well.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

I'm actually excited for you. I can pretty much guarantee that Friday will be a sleepless night for you. Be sure to video or take lots of pictures of the day, you will want to look back on those years from now. I wish I had taken more video and pics of my drive back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm actually excited for you. I can pretty much guarantee that Friday will be a sleepless night for you. Be sure to video or take lots of pictures of the day, you will want to look back on those years from now. I wish I had taken more video and pics of my drive back home.
    Thanks, I just looked at the weather forecast for all of next week, not one single day without rain in it. I'll be polishing up the lens of my phone in anticipation of delivery day.

Got an E-Mail notification from the car hauling company today, "Car to be delivered today." I told them I would not be home after 12 noon, they did not respond.

Luckily and unlucky my wife is home from school/work as a teacher due to snow. Yes our governor declared a state of emergency due to the fact that it was going to snow today and we expect a whopping
    1-3". In any event I told my wife if it arrives to video them taking it off the truck and dropping her in the driveway. I also told her to clear off any snow that might be on the car and take photos of every body part etc.

I really hope they wait until tomorrow when it expected to be in the mid 50's and sunny.

So they didn't deliver it in the snow, they didn't call me to say the driver had stopped for the day and that I could stand down. But I then figure it will be delivered the next day, nope, never comes, and I don't even get a call. I get someone on the phone and they set me up for Saturday delivery, SATURDAY! OK they can't get here before noon so I'll wait until Saturday.

I get a call a few minutes ago, "If your home we'd like to drop the car off today." Sure drop the car, I'm home until noon. "Oh can't make it until 1 PM."

Then bring it on Saturday like we agreed.

"We don't deliver on Saturday."

WTF, I spoke with someone yesterday and was told a Saturday delivery, no question!

"Well let me get back to you."

I'm not going to mention the name of this company until after the car is delivered, but my god do they suck!

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

-----Dan B.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast