FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    Well smother me in honey and tie me to a tree, I got a clean title yesterday and managed to get plates! Yippy, filled her with super, took the car for a ride around town. No complaints to speak of, but I do notice a little water in front on the drivers side after I park her. It's not gas, has no odor or smell so I'm assuming just plain water, I just don't know where it's coming from.

She runs high RPM at idle after being run, between 1500-2000 RPM, is there a simple way to adjust that down?

Short of that, she changes gears easily and freely, revs well and rides solid. Questions or comments?
    FWIW - You don't need to run super... Most of the time regular old 87 or 89 octane is fine. Remember when the car was built...

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Super (or Plus or Premium) is not necessary but you will notice sightly better gas mileage. Your high idle could just be looseness (play) in the throttle linkage. Try pushing the throttle arm all the way to idle and hitting the idle micro. If that does it you can adjust the quadrant link to push the throttle arm all the way to idle. Or it could be all of your adjustments are off and everything needs to be adjusted properly. Run a bottle of Techron fuel cleaner through a tank of gas to clean up the injectors. The water can also be the radiator or the hose leaking in the front left corner. Keep an eye on the coolant level.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5482

so 13 pages deep in this thread and still not one picture of your car since you took ownership?
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    so 13 pages deep in this thread and still not one picture of your car since you took ownership?
    I'm a tech idiot, give a phone number or e-mail address and I'll gladly send you some photos to post on my behalf.

Can you guys tell me if a "STAGE II" engine requires premium or super gas? While this car doesn't have an official stage II it does have headers, CAM work upgraded exhaust etc.

For the few thousand miles I'll be driving her a year I don't mind the extra cost of the fuel, at some point I'll try a lower grade fuel amd see how she runs, thanks.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

If you hear knocking then you must either use a higher octane fuel or retard the timing. It will depend on the ambient temperature and how large the load, for instance, if you are going up a long hill on a hot day.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6125

I'm a tech idiot, give a phone number or e-mail address and I'll gladly send you some photos to post on my behalf.
    Here's some help on adding photos when replying in a thread:

The photos will not show up full size and in-line like the screen grab above (which uses a different, more complicated process,)but they will be attached as a smaller "thumbnail" at the end of your post like this that people will need to click on to view full size:

AddingPhotosToReply.jpg
    Last edited by Mark D; 04-05-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Here's some help on adding photos when replying in a thread:

The photos will not show up full size and in-line like the screen grab above (which uses a different, more complicated process,)but they will be attached as a smaller "thumbnail" at the end of your post like this that people will need to click on to view full size:

AddingPhotosToReply.jpg
    Photos are on my cell phone.

My VIN:    3937

Photos are on my cell phone.
    Email them to me if you like and I'll post them.

[email protected]

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Email them to me if you like and I'll post them.

[email protected]
    Email sent thanks. If you want a few more let me know

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast