FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

I've had the chance to drive the car a few times now, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the overall drivability of the car. The drivetrain shifts smoothly and without effort, the engine starts right up with the turn of the key, no cranking and cranking needed. Very happy with this car.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Since the car hasn't been driven for a while pay attention to the steering if it wanders or leads to one side and if it pulls to one side when braking. Watch your fluid levels and tire pressures. Till you are confident with the car use the odometer to cross/check fuel level and watch the temp gauge closely.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Since the car hasn't been driven for a while pay attention to the steering if it wanders or leads to one side and if it pulls to one side when braking. Watch your fluid levels and tire pressures. Till you are confident with the car use the odometer to cross/check fuel level and watch the temp gauge closely.
    The car takes awhile to warm up, the temp gauge seems to stay at the 1/4 mark. The fuel gauge doesn't seem to be the most accurate, the fuel light comes on and the tank will only take 8 gals. So far the brakes seem fine and the car doesn't pull, some vibration in the wheel but don't think it's a problem, more of the fact it's manual steering. She's going into the shop come Monday for a full checkout.

Love the feedback and suggestions, thanks.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15