FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Placed an offer on a Delorean today

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hey! I happen to think the D is a very good car in the snow. It always outdid my wife's Nissan FWD Altima every time. I got bitten in the end when the road salt ate through my frame though.
    -----Dan B.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

When it arrives take plenty of pictures. You will be impressed with the equipment shippers like HC use, like the elevator on the back to lift the cars in and out. No ramps to drive the car on!
    David Teitelbaum

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement, the sale is still being held up by a court appointed probate referee. I was promised an answer by Friday past but still no word. I'm being reassured by the fiduciary that all is well but am starting to get pissed off.

Tick tock Sorry no positive updates yet.

Have patience, I warned you it probably wasn't going to be easy but it sounds like it is just about done. It would be hard for the probate referee to turn down a cash sale offer made in good faith. He would need a good reason. He may just be doing his job and has to sign off on it.
    David Teitelbaum

Happy news! Per the Fiduciary, the sale has been approved, title will follow and I have been given the go ahead to arrange shipping!

Once the car is picked up I'll update here in case you're interested or have advice to offer.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hooray! Congrats!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

As you arrange shipping remember to place insurance on the car too. Besides getting the Title you should ask for a Bill of Sale. Your DMV may require it and it is easier to get it now while you are still negotiating the sale rather than later. Be sure to get any bits and things that go along with the car.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    As you arrange shipping remember to place insurance on the car too. Besides getting the Title you should ask for a Bill of Sale. Your DMV may require it and it is easier to get it now while you are still negotiating the sale rather than later. Be sure to get any bits and things that go along with the car.

I insured the car last week when I got back from the trip in case the deal went through and I didn't get notified, having to pay an extra week for insurance isn't so bad and it gave me comfort knowing I was covered just in case.

I e-mailed the Fiduciary asking for a bill of sale along with the title, signed, and the approval documents from the court as well (just in case). Fingers crossed if I'm not too busy tomorrow I can square away the shipping paperwork, we'll see, if not Monday maybe.

Thanks for the advice. I also asked them to charge the battery so that it will start for the shipper/driver.

Shipping company says they are on schedule to pick up car in California today, preliminary delivery date set for 2-20-19. It's been slow but getting done, another day closer.

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post
    Shipping company says they are on schedule to pick up car in California today, preliminary delivery date set for 2-20-19. It's been slow but getting done, another day closer.
    Jeff

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast