FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Non Delorean AC question. Compressor runs backwards when clutch disengages

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

You can always send the compressor to Classic Air in Florida to get it rebuilt. Any internal leakage will not show up externally with UV. Internal leakage will definitely have an effect on the performance of the compressor. Leaky valves are no good but have nothing to do with loss of refrigerant. Loss of refrigerant is a leaky component, leaky seal, or leaky hose.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    16795

It's hard to tell because of the camera frame rate, but the crankshaft and accessories are normally spinning clockwise.

Well, if that is not the frame rate "wagon wheel" illusion, then it's pretty odd that it rotates in reverse as much as it does. There should be check valves in the compressor that prevent back-flow. I guess one thing that makes the DeLorean AC different from "traditional" auto AC is the amount of refrigerant piping. The extra tubing would increase the available compressed gas that can bleed back thru the compressor. Still, the compressor valves must be leaking for this to happen.

Ron
    Last edited by DMC-Ron; 01-09-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2