FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2020) - Initial Planning

My VIN:    4519

I'll be at the Motley Crue stadium show on August 15th, so unfortunately I'll miss DCS for the first time since becoming an owner....sorry to ruin everyone's DCS weekend, you'll have to carry on without me!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    I'll be at the Motley Crue stadium show on August 15th, so unfortunately I'll miss DCS for the first time since becoming an owner....sorry to ruin everyone's DCS weekend, you'll have to carry on without me!

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    <snip>

With the recent cancelling of the Geneva Auto Show 2020, the DCS Planning Team has been working thoughtfully and
    carefully, to finalize this year's DCS Event, with consideration to other events and happenings, since December 2019.
    Yes, the Geneva Auto Show 2020 was cancelled due to the Corona Virus.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Any new news on DCS 2020? Trying to plan accordingly. Thanks!

My VIN:    10907

I haven't heard anything new either, but having worked on Expo, I'd wager the DCS team is holding off to see what happens with this coronavirus insanity. The venue we worked with in Spokane (a Marriott property) offered no flexibility at all for canceling once the contract was signed and if that's SOP for venues that can host an event the size of DCS, I can see how they might not want to make a commitment right now when multiple states are banning gatherings of more than 100 people. I've read conflicting opinions from the supposed experts about whether the summer will kill this bug and it's gambling a lot on whether things will get better.

Rich & team, is there a point where you guys plan to make a go/no-go decision? The event could still be successful even if things aren't finalized until a few months out (we had the bulk of our Expo registrations in the last 2-3 months) but I think we'd all understand if you wanted to take a breather until 2022.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

DCS in the Age of COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    I haven't heard anything new either, but having worked on Expo, I'd wager the DCS team is holding off to see what happens with this coronavirus insanity. The venue we worked with in Spokane (a Marriott property) offered no flexibility at all for canceling once the contract was signed and if that's SOP for venues that can host an event the size of DCS, I can see how they might not want to make a commitment right now when multiple states are banning gatherings of more than 100 people. I've read conflicting opinions from the supposed experts about whether the summer will kill this bug and it's gambling a lot on whether things will get better.

Rich & team, is there a point where you guys plan to make a go/no-go decision? The event could still be successful even if things aren't finalized until a few months out (we had the bulk of our Expo registrations in the last 2-3 months) but I think we'd all understand if you wanted to take a breather until 2022.
    DeLorean owners, fans and enthusiasts,

As DaraSue correctly summarized, the DCS Planning Team has been wrestling with the actual and the possible impacts
    of COVID-19 since it became a potential global issue in December 2019 and January 2020. The planning of DCS events
    is challenging enough on its own (including economic crisis of past DCS events), but the health implications of this virus
    along with travel restrictions, limits on size of group gatherings, and all local/national mandates adds another dimension.

While the team continues to work on the event details, it is unclear when we could be assured our event will be allowed
    at the National, State and Local levels, and although it may change again, our current Go or No Go date is May 1, 2020.
    If we are unable to assure attendees by May 1, it is very likely that DCS 2020 will be postponed or cancelled for August.
    Besides the health and safety of DCS attendees, there are also significant financial obligations tied to contract signings.

As we find out more, we will try to communicate more, once all the details have been considered, within the larger plan.
    It’s not an easy task, but we will endeavor to persevere, in the best interest of our DCS VIPs, Staff and Event Attendees.

Stay Safe and Healthy, and we hope to see many of you at DCS 2020. Time will tell, when or if, DCS 2020 will happen.

Thanks,
    Rich W.

(for the DCS 2020 Planning Team)

My VIN:    10907

Thanks for the update, Rich! Just heard they closed Midway tower due to a controller testing positive... Stay safe everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Thanks for the update, Rich! Just heard they closed Midway tower due to a controller testing positive... Stay safe everybody!
    Actually it was 3 controllers, all testing positive.

If it were to get cancelled/postponed, would it pushed until 2022 or later into 2020? I know 2021 is Eurofest, so I'd imagine it would not be the same year as that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Valley PD View Post
    If it were to get cancelled/postponed, would it pushed until 2022 or later into 2020? I know 2021 is Eurofest, so I'd imagine it would not be the same year as that...
    There are events that will need to be considered for DCS to postpone (long term) in 2020 or 2021.

Unless changed or cancelled, the DMCH Open House is October 16-18, 2020. DCS 2020 will not conflict.

EuroFest is May 27-30, 2021. There will not be a DCS initiated event that will conflict with EuroFest 2021.

There is a different effort for the 40th Anniversary of the DeLorean in the US (not using the DCS formula)
    which would take place in Michigan and in conjunction with the Woodward Dream Cruise 2021, but this
    event is still in the early planning stages and requires a lot of coordination with DeLorean Michigan Club.

DCS 2022 is dependent on how or if DCS 2020 takes place, although there is a short list for the location,
    including Wisconsin Dells area, the Cedar Point area in Ohio or the Dayton Convention Center in Ohio.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast