FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2020) - Initial Planning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I didn't notice the venue discussion when this was posted the first time. Very unfortunate to see Chicago is the likely location again. I know that's easiest on DMCMW and if that makes for a better overall show experience for everyone, then great. That said, 2016 in Springfield was fantastic. It would be very unlikely that I would attend a show in Chicago. I drive through there several times a year and have no desire to do so in the DMC. That might be my own personal fatigue weighing in a bit more than it should so your turnout may not be affected. Good luck.
    DCS will not be in Chicago for the same reasons it will not be at Cobo Hall in Detroit ... costs for union shops.

As I mentioned for Detroit Metro, the costs for facilities that are union shops are more expensive and those
    costs would need to be passed along to attendees. Nothing against union shops ... just stating the reality.

Most union shops also have very strict move in/out rules and I do not think most DeLorean owners will want
    others driving and parking their cars in the facility and drive out afterward. Again, just relaying the "rules".

If DCS 2020 is confirmed for the Chicago area, the event will be in the suburbs, not in downtown Chicago.
    While proximity to DMCMW is nice, if it happens, it is not a major deciding factor for any future DCS events.
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-15-2019 at 11:26 PM. Reason: fixed type-o