FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Convention and Show (DCS_2020) - Initial Planning

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Tennessee

Rich,

As you're aware both Nashville and Pigeon Forge were successful events in the past. There are other TN cities that are great places to visit which could accommodate the group at a reasonable cost. Let me know if I can assist.
    Kirk

My VIN:    628

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Rich,

As you're aware both Nashville and Pigeon Forge were successful events in the past. There are other TN cities that are great places to visit which could accommodate the group at a reasonable cost. Let me know if I can assist.
    I absolutely second this
    Jesse Baker
    VIN 628
    Black Interior, Automatic
    TNDMC: TN DeLorean Motor Club

Nothing witty here lest it offend

I have always wanted to scope out Nashville. And I'm sure there's a gastroenterologist that would love to scope out me.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    I have always wanted to scope out Nashville. And I'm sure there's a gastroenterologist that would love to scope out me.
    I'm not a gastroenterologist, but for you I would make an exception.

My VIN:    DMC / Logan D2T40-0094 Tow Tractor (2018-Present), 10191 (2010), 961 (2002-2009)

Missouri anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    Missouri would be good. That's a central location.
    One idea for a future DCS type convention location could be Branson, Missouri. Plenty of tourist stops, shows and lodging especially during the summer months plus being just north of the Ozarks so plenty of scenery and lakes to visit. Might be an idea to partner with the Branson Travel Agencies in the area as they might be of assistance. Not sure if there is a large enough convention facility there to house an inside show as the temps and humidity may be a bit high in August. Just a thought... I would be inclined as I have a 4 hour drive there and back home to scope out and research locations for a central USA event.

Branson is home to the Silver Dollar City amusement park which is nationally recognized. Might be a cool event to have a car show there since our DeLoreans are silver right? They hold a Moonlight Madness (open until midnight) event in late July / early August.

I made DCS 2016 in Springfield and it was a great event for my father and I listening to all the informative talks and seeing everyone's hard work on their cars! I hope the event lives on for many years to come.

*10 minute laters... yes, they do have a convention center: https://www.bransoncc.com/

Hmm.... I feel I'm going to get myself in trouble soon so I better stop...
    Last edited by TIMETRK-KS; 11-15-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I'm not a gastroenterologist, but for you I would make an exception.
    Sounds like a good potential demo for DCS. Bring a raincoat, folks.

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I've always wanted to go to Branson. https://welkresorts.com/branson/
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Major Announcement for DCS_2020

Sorry for the very long ‘radio silence’ but I have been way too busy at work with a new project.

Unfortunately, this means that progress has been very slow on finalizing location and details for DCS_2020,
    but some progress has been made between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (at least a bit, so far).

The good news (and big news) is that we have a very Special VIP Guest confirmed to attend DCS_2020 ...

Zachary DeLorean has confirmed he will be attending DCS_2020 (most likely Friday before the Car Show).

Additional VIP Guests will be announced as they confirm, but this will most likely be after location and dates
    are ‘locked in’ when contracts are signed. Likely locations are still SE Ohio or the Near Chicago Suburbs.

New logistic challenges have come up (again) since DCS_2018, so these are attempted to be worked out in
    advance of confirming location and dates, but the dates will most likely be Aug. 12-16 or Aug. 19-23, 2020.

Based on my work schedule, I will try to get more details finalized in the next few weeks (before February?)

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 01-06-2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: type-o fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Sorry for the very long ‘radio silence’ but I have been way too busy at work with a new project.

Unfortunately, this means that progress has been very slow on finalizing location and details for DCS_2020,
    but some progress has been made between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (at least a bit, so far).

The good news (and big news) is that we have a very Special VIP Guest confirmed to attend DCS_2020 ...

Zachary DeLorean has confirmed he will be attending DCS_2020 (most likely Friday before the Car Show).

Additional VIP Guests will be announced as they confirm, but this will most likely be after location and dates
    are ‘locked in’ when contracts are signed. Likely locations are still SE Ohio or the Near Chicago Suburbs.

New logistic challenges have come up (again) since DCS_2018, so these are attempted to be worked out in
    advance of confirming location and dates, but the dates will most likely be Aug. 12-16 or Aug. 19-23, 2020.

Based on my work schedule, I will try to get more details finalized in the next few weeks (before February?)

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    Great! Stealing for the thug board.

Filmmaker, "Delorean - Living the Dream"

My VIN:    10657

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Dear Rich,

Thanks very much for the update! While I certainly don't mean to presume to qualify myself as a "VIP," I do want to make sure you know I'm very interested in attending and bringing the final version of my documentary "DeLorean -- Living the Dream" to share with everyone at DCS. I hope there's still room in the schedule to slot me / my movie in, and I'll of course email you privately to discuss the possibilities.

Happy New Year,

- Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post

More details to follow.

Thanks,
    Rich W.
    ------
    Jordan Livingston

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast