FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are there so few T-Shirt designs for Deloreans?

My VIN:    2848

Why are there so few T-Shirt designs for Deloreans?

I never understood why DMCH offers so little in "officially licensed" T-shirts? It's been like this for 15 years. We are drowning in BTTF shirts but nice stock DeLorean shirts are few and far between. I would think they would have at least 10-20 nice designs at anytime. Shoot, I offer 6 designs at my pizza business.

Seems like easy money. They threaten to sue anyone who tries to do T-shirts but make hardly any of their own.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    10644

That's an excellent point.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    I never understood why DMCH offers so little in "officially licensed" T-shirts? It's been like this for 15 years. We are drowning in BTTF shirts but nice stock DeLorean shirts are few and far between. I would think they would have at least 10-20 nice designs at anytime. Shoot, I offer 6 designs at my pizza business.

Seems like easy money. They threaten to sue anyone who tries to do T-shirts but make hardly any of their own.
    They should license it out to some company. Let them use the image (in preapproved form only) for a set fee/ amount of time/units. Could be a win/win, they make money for doing nothing, no distraction from the bigger picture and get free advertising in return.

I like that shirt but it's not good quality those are basically iron ons. DMCH had a shirt like that a few years ago (that was professionally screen printed) and I bought one, for some reason they stopped making them.
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

My wife makes mine (please don't sue me)

20190109_090404.jpg

My VIN:    6125

In my opinion the best option is to just make your own stuff. Most of the tee shirt designs I see available aren't really what I'm interested in so most of my DMC related clothing is stuff I've designed myself. The copyright for the DMC logo (non embossed looking one) like you see on the front of the car has expired and is fair use. Plus if you're just making things for yourself and not selling it you're not going to get sued anyway.

Free vector file here: https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/log...-motor-company

My brother works for a graphic design shop and he makes me all kinds of stuff... embroidered hats, screen printed shirts, iron on transfers onto stuff, vinyl decals, etc. If I didn't get the family discount it would still be pretty cheap. Find out what kind of local screen printing places are around your area and if you've got something in mind they should be able to get you a quote.

I don't have a lot of photos of stuff I've had made, but this is what I could find in the pics i've already uploaded to the forum:

I'm on like my 4th or 5th hat in 10 years, here's one of the earlier ones and my original concept design.

I also created the vector artwork for this vinyl cutout based on a sticker I got from a member of the Ohio Delorean Owners club. I've made a bunch of these in brushed aluminum vinyl and put them on the back of my cars and other random stuff.

Files don't need to be in vector format (DXF, PDF, etc) but those file types are preferred since they can be scaled to any size with no loss in quality. Raster files like JPG or PNG also work, but you'd be limited to the resolution of the file for printing, or if you're having something cut in vinyl it would have to be remastered into a vector file.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-09-2019 at 12:59 PM.

That's a better looking hat than I have ever seen from DMCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    In my opinion the best option is to just make your own stuff. Most of the tee shirt designs I see available aren't really what I'm interested in so most of my DMC related clothing is stuff I've designed myself. The copyright for the DMC logo (non embossed looking one) like you see on the front of the car has expired and is fair use. Plus if you're just making things for yourself and not selling it you're not going to get sued anyway.

Free vector file here: https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/log...-motor-company

My brother works for a graphic design shop and he makes me all kinds of stuff... embroidered hats, screen printed shirts, iron on transfers onto stuff, vinyl decals, etc. If I didn't get the family discount it would still be pretty cheap. Find out what kind of local screen printing places are around your area and if you've got something in mind they should be able to get you a quote.

I don't have a lot of photos of stuff I've had made, but this is what I could find in the pics i've already uploaded to the forum:

I'm on like my 4th or 5th hat in 10 years, here's one of the earlier ones and my original concept design.

I also created the vector artwork for this vinyl cutout based on a sticker I got from a member of the Ohio Delorean Owners club. I've made a bunch of these in brushed aluminum vinyl and put them on the back of my cars and other random stuff.

Files don't need to be in vector format (DXF, PDF, etc) but those file types are preferred since they can be scaled to any size with no loss in quality. Raster files like JPG or PNG also work, but you'd be limited to the resolution of the file for printing, or if you're having something cut in vinyl it would have to be remastered into a vector file.
    -Alex

My VIN:    6125

Thanks! My style tends to be "less is more" when it comes to DeLorean clothing. A subtle DMC logo on a polo or a dickies shirt is kind of where I'm at. I enjoy when the occasional person will notice or ask if I'm wearing a DeLorean shirt because it's not all that obvious unless someone already knows what DMC means.

There are more photos of the hat in my album here: http://dmctalk.org/album.php?albumid=233
    This one was starting to get a little faded and dirty from use, I think on the next one I'm going to go with a different brand of hat since these don't seem to last very long.

I also just found this picture of my daughter's sweatshirt. She asked for one (but in pink) for her birthday so she could be like dad
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-10-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The DMC "approved" line of clothing works well for those who live in tall condos in Florida and wear bleach white orthopedic sneakers and polos tucked in short shorts but for the rest of us whipper snappers, we would like something a little less "Matlock" and a little more "MacGyver".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast