FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why are there so few T-Shirt designs for Deloreans?

My VIN:    03430

This site makes some cool stuff.

https://www.legendlines.com/index.ph...earch=Delorean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    In my opinion the best option is to just make your own stuff. Most of the tee shirt designs I see available aren't really what I'm interested in so most of my DMC related clothing is stuff I've designed myself. The copyright for the DMC logo (non embossed looking one) like you see on the front of the car has expired and is fair use. Plus if you're just making things for yourself and not selling it you're not going to get sued anyway.

Free vector file here: https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/log...-motor-company

My brother works for a graphic design shop and he makes me all kinds of stuff... embroidered hats, screen printed shirts, iron on transfers onto stuff, vinyl decals, etc. If I didn't get the family discount it would still be pretty cheap. Find out what kind of local screen printing places are around your area and if you've got something in mind they should be able to get you a quote.

I don't have a lot of photos of stuff I've had made, but this is what I could find in the pics i've already uploaded to the forum:

I'm on like my 4th or 5th hat in 10 years, here's one of the earlier ones and my original concept design.

I also created the vector artwork for this vinyl cutout based on a sticker I got from a member of the Ohio Delorean Owners club. I've made a bunch of these in brushed aluminum vinyl and put them on the back of my cars and other random stuff.

Files don't need to be in vector format (DXF, PDF, etc) but those file types are preferred since they can be scaled to any size with no loss in quality. Raster files like JPG or PNG also work, but you'd be limited to the resolution of the file for printing, or if you're having something cut in vinyl it would have to be remastered into a vector file.
    Much agreed.

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The DMC "approved" line of clothing works well for those who live in tall condos in Florida and wear bleach white orthopedic sneakers and polos tucked in short shorts but for the rest of us whipper snappers, we would like something a little less "Matlock" and a little more "MacGyver".
    LOL Yes. You summarized my thoughts in one sentence better than I could have explained in two paragraphs.

My VIN:    1710

Y'all see DMC-Texas has a couple of new shirt designs?

Louie Golden

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Are those really new designs, or just rehashes or updates from old ones? Both seem familiar. Especially the first grey one.

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    Are those really new designs, or just rehashes or updates from old ones? Both seem familiar. Especially the first grey one.
    The top one is definitely an update of an old design, they just swapped out the car graphic with a vintage one which was used on the US Open posters and some newspaper ads.

I don't remember the black t-shirt design being used before, though it's possible it was during my DeLorean hiatus. Obviously that graphic was culled from the original factory manuals.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

I've sold shirts/polos from time to time. I'm guessing they don't pursue the apparel market (in house or license) because it's fairly small.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2