FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Back on the road, but a few things to tweak

My VIN:    10270

Sorry, I meant AFR. I was thinking "exhaust gas oxygen" when I said EGO.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

Ok, so I wasn't as far off as I thought I was. I'll compare the time from PW change to AFR change. Thanks!

-- Joe

Here's an example. I tripped overboost protection which cut fuel.

Since this was a high load situation and high exhaust velocity, when PW goes to 0, it only takes a few records for AFR to increase (0.134 s)
    https://imgur.com/a/lhrOLxw

Closer to idle, it takes a little more time for PW changes to be reflected (0.2 - 0.266 s):
    https://imgur.com/a/Z0wbVbm

Note that those delay times aren't perfect as they are multiples of the data sampling rate, but they're probably reasonably close enough to use for VEAL.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Thanks! I suppose I should turn off some logging options to increase the number of records per second. Right now my resolution is about 60 ms. Which is probably fine for auto-tune, but more resolution wouldn't hurt.

-- Joe

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Back on the road

This is all WAY above my pay grade. But Congrats on getting your Delorean back on the road. I'm sure I will see you driving around southern MA! Best of luck with the tuning.
    ---------------------------------
    SEARCHING FOR VIN #16664
    ---------------------------------

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    This is all WAY above my pay grade. But Congrats on getting your Delorean back on the road. I'm sure I will see you driving around southern MA! Best of luck with the tuning.
    You guys are pretty deep into the tech! Amazing...
    I think it would be nice if we all joined a sub-group... I invite you to join The Delorean club of New England ( I just set up the group) If you are interested.
    It has been defunct for some time....but it would be nice to resurrect it....just so we can share plans for cruise nights, shows, etc.
    -Thanks
    Charlie

There's a lot of "making it up as I go along" here. Lots of research on forums and docs, but some of it only really makes sense once you're actually doing it. Taking it step by step keeps it manageable. All the people here have been hugely helpful, too, and it helps a lot to know there's a community to help out when you get in a bind. And after you've done it and have it working, it doesn't seem like it was really all that hard, but actually doing it the first time can be a bit daunting.

I'm in favor of re-starting the DMC NE club. I think we had one meeting about 10 years ago where a 8 or so of us met up in the southern MA area, but we never did anything else after that.

-- Joe
    Last edited by jangell; 01-22-2019 at 10:59 AM.

I did build a Lambda Delay table on Saturday, but I think I needed to set the test VE table cells higher than just +50. I also forgot to turn off acceleration enrichment, which made it harder to tell tell if the pulse width change was because I hit the cell or because I was accelerating. I'll have to try again next weekend or the one after that, but the new table is certainly better than before.

-- Joe

For measuring delay I don't think any enrichments will affect the delay measurements.

My problem was more that the spikes weren't big enough to easily spot the change. The other problem was actually hitting parts of the table at all, but I mostly figured that out. I'll try bigger spikes (like +75 or +100) and see if they stand out more in the logs.

Even so, the table I have now has about 2/3 or less of the delay of the original table, so there is definitely a change there. I also found that reducing the kinds of data written to the data log didn't affect the records per second rate, but ~67 ms per record is probably sufficient for this.

Thanks

-- Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast