FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vin 5219

Vin 5219

Ive just purchased vin 5219 from the beverly hills car club and very soon it will be heading to the UK. I was wondering if the previous owner was on here or if anyone knows anything about its history.

The BHCC are very lacking on any history about the car. I know some work has been done on it and more work is needed.

Thanks

Ryan

9509_main_l.jpg
    9509_p19_l.jpg
    9509_p22_l.jpg
    9509_p36_l.jpg
    9509_p5_l.jpg

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Congrats. When you get your car, I would be very interested to hear your impressions of how the car was represented in the ad.

My VIN:    16355

The Sale Experience

Congratulations, I also purchased 4273 from BHCC in June last year. They were reluctant to provide any details of the previous owner but I was able to track him down once I had paid for the car and received a copy of the title. I assume they will quote "privacy" as a reason which I guess is fair enough. There is nothing stopping them from passing your details onto the previous owner and asking if he/she would mind calling you now that you have paid for the car.

I trust your new D is everything you hope it to be. Yes, it will need work, every D does. Try and get it to DMC in Huntington Beach, LA for at least an evaluation. These folk are the experts and I would suggest getting them to do some of the essential work if possible. I am very pleased I did this and Danny, the Service Manager is first class. If you do op for this option BHCC will hold onto the title until your D is at the port and export paperwork has been completed. This is for Tax reasons as you do not have to pay California Sales Tax as a foreigner exporting a car. I can recommend CFR Rinkens for shipping, they are very good. You are fortunate that at least there is some good support in the UK. In New Zealand knowledge of this car is scarce.

QUOTE=DMC12-1983;242550]Ive just purchased vin 5219 from the beverly hills car club and very soon it will be heading to the UK. I was wondering if the previous owner was on here or if anyone knows anything about its history.

The BHCC are very lacking on any history about the car. I know some work has been done on it and more work is needed.

Thanks

Ryan

9509_main_l.jpg
    9509_p19_l.jpg
    9509_p22_l.jpg
    9509_p36_l.jpg
    9509_p5_l.jpg[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    Yes, it will need work, every D does.
    I know you may be basing this from your single experience of buying a DeLorean from a questionable seller, but you are indeed wrong and insulting the very vendors you praise.

Believe it or not, some vendors sell DeLoreans that are turn key 100%.

My VIN:    16355

No insults intended and I agree a turn key D can be purchased from DMC, DPI and Gradys and others. It will be interesting to see how 5219 is, I hope he got a reasonable car.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I know you may be basing this from your single experience of buying a DeLorean from a questionable seller, but you are indeed wrong and insulting the very vendors you praise.

Believe it or not, some vendors sell DeLoreans that are turn key 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by peternikkiskinner View Post
    No insults intended and I agree a turn key D can be purchased from DMC, DPI and Gradys and others. It will be interesting to see how 5219 is, I hope he got a reasonable car.
    All good mate (crikey my vocabulary has moved south of the equator!)

How has your own restoration progressed? I have to admit that BHCC is not my first choice of DeLorean franchises although I can't deny that if you are on a budget, they do dangle that carrot in front of your face quite effectively. I admire your enthusiasm. about the whole restoration. At the core you are a true fan of the DeLorean.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-24-2019 at 10:58 PM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

All of the "usual" vendors can sell you a "turn key" car, BHCC just does cosmetic work like washing the car. That said, all of the vendors can sell you a car in whatever condition you want. Meaning, if you want everything fixed they can do it but it will cost more. Some buyers will decide to do some or most of the work on their own. If you are exporting the car out of the country it would be a good idea to have one of the vendors go over the car and have them do any necessary work that you can't do. Get a photocopy of the Title to keep for your records.
    David Teitelbaum

I dont really need anyone in the states to look at the car or do anything to it. Im actually very lucky because I work right round the corner to Chris N of PJ Grady and thats only a 15min drive from my house. So thats not a problem.

All interior work im doing myself. I plan on doing as much work as i can to the engine and what i cant do, i know chris can. So yeah, im very lucky

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DMC12-1983 View Post
    I dont really need anyone in the states to look at the car or do anything to it. Im actually very lucky because I work right round the corner to Chris N of PJ Grady and thats only a 15min drive from my house. So thats not a problem.

All interior work im doing myself. I plan on doing as much work as i can to the engine and what i cant do, i know chris can. So yeah, im very lucky
    Check if it is worth buying the parts you need here and shipping them in (with) the car. It might be a lot cheaper that way.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Check if it is worth buying the parts you need here and shipping them in (with) the car. It might be a lot cheaper that way.
    Great idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast