FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vin 5219

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Check if it is worth buying the parts you need here and shipping them in (with) the car. It might be a lot cheaper that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC12-1983 View Post
    Great idea.
    A good idea indeed, but be aware of what you can and can't do crossing a border with the car. When I bought my car in 2007 and had it shipped from St. Louis, USA to Guelph, Canada, the shipper/customs broker advised against having any loose items in the car, i.e. boxes of things. This may have just been a matter of being proactive to avoid unnecessary delays from the customs agents wondering 'what's in the box?' and not a hard fast law. I would at least ask before buying the parts assuming you can just throw them in the trunk and then finding out you actually can't.

Check your parts prices on the DeLoreanGO parts page and compare in your local currency to the US prices on the Houston page. DeLoGO's prices in Canadian dollars including shipping are often 2/3rds to half of what it would cost me if I bought the exact same things directly from the US. No idea why it works out that way, it just does.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

DeLoreanGO are awesome!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

I actually went through their entire stock today. Apart from the obvious cosmetic stuff I dont actually know what mechanical parts I actually need (besides filters, oil etc) till i see the car in person. Those parts ill get through DGo. I want to make sure I get the car reliable and a decent drive before I start on the eyesores. Being able to drive/enjoy the dream is better than having a gorgeous lawn ornament imo.

The money I have left over from savings for the car is enough for me to pay import fees, get it registered and get the car up to par to be road worthy and a few little bits.
    Last edited by DMC12-1983; 01-25-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    - DeLoryan
    VIN 5219

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

It can be complicated shipping the car with stuff in it. As mentioned check with the person handling the shipping as to what you can and can't do. Also you have to understand currency exchange, duty, and all of the other rules that may apply. Maybe you can say it all came with the car when you bought it? You can load up on the things you know you will need like filters, bulbs, struts, manuals, tires? that kind of stuff. If you have it seen by a local vendor they can make up a list.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    DeLoreanGO are awesome!
    Agreed 100% I met the guys from DeLoreanGo at DCS 2018. They are great people and great to do business with. Amazing service, cool exclusive parts and prompt shipping.

Andrew
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Agreed 100% I met the guys from DeLoreanGo at DCS 2018. They are great people and great to do business with. Amazing service, cool exclusive parts and prompt shipping.

Andrew
    They also give great hugs!
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    16355

Agreed Michael, "fair dingkum" as my Ozzy neighbours across the ditch (Tasman Sea) would say, if I lived in the States or Canada BHCC would not be my first choice either. They seem to sell a lot of their cars into the UK market, as you said before "God Speed" to them, they make money and provide a service to one part of the market.

My D is running really well Michael, thanks for asking, just had her our again yesterday and the more I drive her the better she gets. I think that 30 years of being looked at and not being driven is not ideal. Lucky for me the previous owner knew how to store her properly and keep things ticking over, still it would have been better to give her freedom and go for a drive often! DMC CA did all the mechanical stuff for me (I am inept at this sort of thing but trying to learn) so this has left me with the job of detailing and some cosmetics. Your D sounds a very good car, are you working on anything at present?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    All good mate (crikey my vocabulary has moved south of the equator!)

How has your own restoration progressed? I have to admit that BHCC is not my first choice of DeLorean franchises although I can't deny that if you are on a budget, they do dangle that carrot in front of your face quite effectively. I admire your enthusiasm. about the whole restoration. At the core you are a true fan of the DeLorean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2