FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gulf Coast Delorean Owner's "Open House" - October 15th - Tech session/Cruise in

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I don't have a steering column bushing, either, but I have been waiting for a bigger parts order before tossing that on. If you care to add another one to your shopping list I will pay you back for it; I just didn't feel like paying shipping for such a tiny, lightweight thing.

We can attach my glove box lid, too -- I removed it a while ago and haven't had a chance to put it back on, either.

Edit: Of course my engine still misses like anything, so we could possibly troubleshoot that a bit if anyone's interested.

Farrar
    Last edited by Farrar; 10-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    I don't have a steering column bushing, either, but I have been waiting for a bigger parts order before tossing that on. If you care to add another one to your shopping list I will pay you back for it; I just didn't feel like paying shipping for such a tiny, lightweight thing.
    I'll put an order in with Hervey in a day or so. I tried the DMCH bushing and it didn't stay put for very long.

My VIN:    4534

It's too bad that is the weekend of Deluna fest Ben. The exotics show looks awesome. I'd rather not fight my way through that traffic or have Red get stuck on the bay bridge.

The next event I may take Red too is a tuner car cruise in that happens most saturday nights called Bayfront. I'm supposed to check out this 240 that a coworker's son owns and he goes to that all the time. Other than that the car show season has almost died in this area. I think I'm going to skip the Emerald Coast in Panama City this year as well. Red has eaten her way into my Nova's restoration fund so there's no reason to go if I can't pick up some parts.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

I will have to leave early on Saturday: Ally has a gym appointment at 3pm. So I guess I can do the tech session but not the cruise-in. In spite of the lack of other women in attendance, she plans on coming with me Saturday, since that's her only full day in town this week.

Farrar

Banned

I will have to leave early on Saturday: Ally has a gym appointment at 3pm. So I guess I can do the tech session but not the cruise-in. In spite of the lack of other women in attendance, she plans on coming with me Saturday, since that's her only full day in town this week.

Farrar
    Sometimes I'm very glad to be a single man.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Sometimes I'm very glad to be a single man.
    Having a girlfriend who travels a lot has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage this week is that I didn't have to bother showering when I came inside smelling like gasoline, oil, and cheap cigars. The disadvantage this week is that I only see my girlfriend for a few hours. I take the good with the bad.

Farrar

Banned

Having a girlfriend who travels a lot has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage this week is that I didn't have to bother showering when I came inside smelling like gasoline, oil, and cheap cigars. The disadvantage this week is that I only see my girlfriend for a few hours. I take the good with the bad.
    Thats not a very bad deal. I'm on the look out for either a future ex girlfriend or a part time girlfriend. Full time is too difficult for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'm on the look out for either a future ex girlfriend or a part time girlfriend. Full time is too difficult for me.
    Keep your eyes open at the cruise-in. ;-)

Farrar

OK, gang, I think I am going to have to bow out. When I was checking the courtesy light circuit, I noticed the fuse box was HOT!!! Something is definitely wrong but not wrong enough to blow a 10-amp fuse. Still, I would feel uncomfortable driving the car not knowing exactly what's going on, so I will have to stay at home Saturday morning and do my own electrical troubleshooting. The last thing I need is for the car to catch fire while I am driving down the Interstate (again).

Sorry!

Farrar

Banned

OK, gang, I think I am going to have to bow out. When I was checking the courtesy light circuit, I noticed the fuse box was HOT!!!
    Deloreans suck.

I guess this means I'm stuck being the camera man. Ouch.

Banned

Man we had a blast today at our Open House and Cruise In event.

Drew arrived with just a few small problems. We were able to help him with a door light problem and were able to fix his AC blower problem. His AC blower wouldn't stay on at speeds 3 and 4. Replacing the 25a circuit breaker with a 30a circuit breaker fixed the problem and he was happy as could be.

Fred's car is beautiful and really doesn't have any problems. I can't remember doing anything on his car other than checking his refrigerant level.

My car is a basket case in progress. We removed the center console so I could redo some radio connections and before everyone arrived I reinstalled the support bracket for the rear fascia.

I showed the guys my bent crankshaft pulley and Fred suggested straitening it out and installing an AC belt. We did this, and I am proud to say I now have AC again.

The cruise in was a blast. Drew's car is decked out in all the Back to the Future stuff and Fred had a very creative Doc costume. It was great to see the excitement he brought to all the kids and adults at the show.

I kept trying to take pictures of the Deloreans at the show but it was difficult with all the people surrounding the cars.

I loved our little get together today and it was a blast to share our cars with others tonight as well. At the cruise in I kept thinking to myself, "This is what its all about".

And here is a link to a quick youtube video I made at the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEDCQnNncXE
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2