FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Information about delorean VIN 6960 for sale at 24K

The seller even sent him a photos of his drivers license, looks like its probably a photoshop. The text looks to be floating a bit, like it was added to the photo.

He also sent him instruction on how to wire money including an account number, and more photos, probably swiped off of google.
    One was of a Delorean car care kit from DMC Huston. People are probably convinced by stuff like that becuse they think those items are from the original dealership, and don't realize those are still available today. Another photo was of DMC Huston strut replacements still in the packaging. Since DMC always prints the customer's name on the sticker I thought maybe I'd be able to see who the order was for, but it looks like it was an order for Napa Auto Parts.

He also called the residents of the address on the drivers license, the people there have never heard a thing about a Delorean for sale.
    I might add that my friend is an ex police officer, so I guess he's having fun toying with the scammer. I'd have ceased contact at first sign of a scam personally, But I guess he's having his fun wasting the scammers time.

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Unfortunately you really have to be skeptical especially if the price is low and the car seems too nice. One "test" to see if it is real is to ask for a specific photo of the car. If the "seller" is swiping pictures off the internet of another car he will not be able to produce your requested picture. Once a scammer finds out you are not even in the same country he figures you won't know it is a scam.
    I usually ask them to hold up a shoe in front of the car from different angles
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    The seller even sent him a photos of his drivers license, looks like its probably a photoshop. The text looks to be floating a bit, like it was added to the photo.

He also sent him instruction on how to wire money including an account number, and more photos, probably swiped off of google.
    One was of a Delorean car care kit from DMC Huston. People are probably convinced by stuff like that becuse they think those items are from the original dealership, and don't realize those are still available today. Another photo was of DMC Huston strut replacements still in the packaging. Since DMC always prints the customer's name on the sticker I thought maybe I'd be able to see who the order was for, but it looks like it was an order for Napa Auto Parts.

He also called the residents of the address on the drivers license, the people there have never heard a thing about a Delorean for sale.
    I might add that my friend is an ex police officer, so I guess he's having fun toying with the scammer. I'd have ceased contact at first sign of a scam personally, But I guess he's having his fun wasting the scammers time.
    I would have your ex police officer friend ask to arrange to have the car inspected by someone. Sounds like he is having some fun with the scammer. Also note only the first name is on the signature of the license and first and last is required. The signature area also looks photo shopped.
    Found his twin http://shadedcommunity.com/wp-conten...7/06/i-298.jpg
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 02-10-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS 81 DMC View Post
    I would have your ex police officer friend ask to arrange to have the car inspected by someone. Sounds like he is having some fun with the scammer.
    He's tried, the guy is conveniently out of town for the week or some such story.

He's tried, the guy is conveniently out of town for the week or some such story.

Found his twin http://shadedcommunity.com/wp-conten...7/06/i-298.jpg

that link gives me an error page

Not sure what happened when I copied it but here is the good link:

http://shadedcommunity.com/wp-conten...7/06/i-298.jpg
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 02-11-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Not sure why the error. It works for me but when I copy the above link and paste into a search I get the same error.

I don't know how to post a picture here but I found a copy of the guy's license he stole the license from and photo shopped it. I will send you a PM
    with my email and you can post the picture if OK with you.

Not sure why the error. It works for me but when I copy the above link and paste into a search I get the same error.

I don't know how to post a picture here but I found a copy of the guy's license he stole the license from and photo shopped it. I will send you a PM
    with my email and you can post the picture if OK with you.
    found it, I also ran it through revers image search. I wonder if these guys ever get caught.

Thanks Parzival for the info on how to post a picture. It worked

This is the license the scammer copied and changed.

Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 02-11-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast