FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Toll Booth window trim replacement .

Toll Booth window trim replacement .

My window trim was a bit of a mess, the black metal divider was bent up, and the black silicon was done a bit sloppy where in goes down into the door. I was dreading this job for a while, but it turned out to be pretty easy.

Removed the existing bent one.

Here it is compared to the new one ordered from DMC Huston.

New silicone in prep for replacement

silicon smoothed out and final result.

The window goes up and down pretty good, but I may need t adjust the guides a little for an optimum seal.

My VIN:    15275

nice job

the glue seems much easier than mine.. I have seals that go around and they are quite difficult to get around the fixed glass section..

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    the glue seems much easier than mine.. I have seals that go around and they are quite difficult to get around the fixed glass section..
    you saying that just made me realize that there was a seal for this.... oh... Well, I just packed it with black silicone and smoothed it out. Hope it works or I'll be doing it again. It looks much nicer than before.

My VIN:    15275

ha

it looks good like u have it.. hopefully it will not leak but it shouldn't..

Quote Originally Posted by painterdave72 View Post
    it looks good like u have it.. hopefully it will not leak but it shouldn't..
    I went out and checked it out, they seem pretty solid, I may need to adjust the track a bit, but it seems pretty good.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Been there recently as well. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...Divide-Channel

I am not aware of a seal used for this, I do know there is seal 101726 for the inside of the divider where the drop glass sits once the window is up but I didn't see anything for the fixed glass side.

My channels came out of the car with some sort of wire running down the channel but it was filled with adhesive. So to reinstall it I scrapped all the old crap out of the channel. I used urethane for mine, trimmed it after it dried - it looks like it did when I got the car and I've had no issues since.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Been there recently as well. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?16...Divide-Channel

I am not aware of a seal used for this, I do know there is seal 101726 for the inside of the divider where the drop glass sits once the window is up but I didn't see anything for the fixed glass side.

My channels came out of the car with some sort of wire running down the channel but it was filled with adhesive. So to reinstall it I scrapped all the old crap out of the channel. I used urethane for mine, trimmed it after it dried - it looks like it did when I got the car and I've had no issues since.
    No its not adhesive thats what I thought too, its a seal that has degraded. The wire runs through it.

This is the seal (Fixed Glass Channel) not to be confused with the (Fixed Glass Perimeter)
    https://store.delorean.com/p-9776-do...ret-strip.aspx

and this is the felt one that meets the drop glass when the window is fully rolled up
    https://store.delorean.com/p-9762-gl...n-channel.aspx
    I didn't know there was a seal available until I glued it in, I basically made a seal out of black silicone, and it looks WAY better then before so unless it fails I'm leaving it.
    Last edited by Parzival; 02-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Good info, basically this isn't listed as a number in the parts photo so I did not know it existed either. I did the same as you only using urethane and I too am leaving it until failure strikes! Besides, if this seal is anything like their NOS outer wipe seals which I highly discourage anyone from wasting money on, they're probably really tough and shrunken rubber to deal with by now anyway.
    -----Dan B.

I'm sure its fine, If silicone can hold an aquarium together then I'm sure it can hold this on, and keep the rain out.