FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition. Doesn't need to run. ~$15K

DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition. Doesn't need to run. ~$15K

DMCTalk Community -

I am looking for a DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition for indoor public display at a hospitality project I am working on.

As it will be on stationary display, the vehicle's operating shape isn't a factor, it doesn’t even have to run at all. The goal is to display the beauty and uniqueness of the design and original features.

Thinking a perfect match is a seller out with a largely in-tact DeLorean who hasn't had the time or opportunity to invest a ton of money into getting mechanics up to shape and is willing to part with it as is.

My preference is for the car to be located in the Northeast but it's not an issue to flatbed the car to its new home.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Does it need to look good on the exterior and the interior, or just the exterior.

Just curious. Its not uncommon to find non-runners with rough frames that have trashed interiors (field cars for instance), that still can be made to look decent on the outside with the doors closed given the SS design. It is more uncommon though to find a car that has a good exterior, good interior, but is a non-runner beyond repair.

Thanks Nick. Great point.

To clarify, both the exterior and interior would need to be in good condition so that the vehicle displays well with the doors open.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureJay View Post
    Thanks Nick. Great point.

To clarify, both the exterior and interior would need to be in good condition so that the vehicle displays well with the doors open.
    Thats gonna be tough, most people get the car mechanically sound and then start addressing the cosmetics. It would be easier to find the exact opposite, It runs but need some cosmetic attention.

What amount is the OP willing to spend?

Also would the OP consider renting someone's Delorean for a set amount of time to display. Many store their car away for winter months, if you only want to display it for a few months you might be able to work something out.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post

Also would the OP consider renting someone's Delorean for a set amount of time to display. Many store their car away for winter months, if you only want to display it for a few months you might be able to work something out.
    $15k was mentioned in the subject line.

-Nick

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

An interior in good shape is worth more than 15k by itself.

Definitely open to offers above $15k for the right fit. Interior quality doesn't have to excellent - just in cohesively in tact and presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post

Great suggestion but we will have this on permanent display!

My VIN:    6125

You may want to keep an eye on Beverly Hills Car Club. They typically have several DeLoreans for sale at any given time that are barn find cars in rough mechanical shape.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...l=%5BDMC-12%5D

They only have one car for sale right now and it's a complete disaster, but they have had cars in the past that might meet your needs.

The ideal situation in your case would be to find a dusty car that has been tucked away in someone's shed for two decades and has recently been pulled out to be sold. The mechanical systems would basically need everything so that would drive the price way down. That would be perfect in your case since you want a non-runner.

Barn find cars usually have some of the best interiors since they have been hidden away in the dark somewhere to protect from sun damage. The exterior stainless on most cars can be cleaned up with a little elbow grease and a scotch brite pad. Worst case you'd need some paint on the fascias and SEM Trim black on the other pieces.

If you're looking for a car in the sub-15k range for cosmetic display only, a fresh car right out of the barn will probably be your best bet. That's my 2c at least.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast