FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition. Doesn't need to run. ~$15K

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    You may want to keep an eye on Beverly Hills Car Club. They typically have several DeLoreans for sale at any given time that are barn find cars in rough mechanical shape.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...l=%5BDMC-12%5D

They only have one car for sale right now and it's a complete disaster, but they have had cars in the past that might meet your needs.

The ideal situation in your case would be to find a dusty car that has been tucked away in someone's shed for two decades and has recently been pulled out to be sold. The mechanical systems would basically need everything so that would drive the price way down. That would be perfect in your case since you want a non-runner.

Barn find cars usually have some of the best interiors since they have been hidden away in the dark somewhere to protect from sun damage. The exterior stainless on most cars can be cleaned up with a little elbow grease and a scotch brite pad. Worst case you'd need some paint on the fascias and SEM Trim black on the other pieces.

If you're looking for a car in the sub-15k range for cosmetic display only, a fresh car right out of the barn will probably be your best bet. That's my 2c at least.
    Mark thank you for the advice. Will keep a tab on BHCC - yes that one they have right now look pretty rough! Luckily I have a couple of months to put feelers out and try my luck. Fingers crossed.

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I know of one that run and drives and is otherwise what you are looking for. $20K is what it would take to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    I know of one that run and drives and is otherwise what you are looking for. $20K is what it would take to buy it.
    yeah, an then maybe they could pull the drive train and sell the parts off that they dont need to recoup some of the cost. Since they only want a permanent display.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This is pretty close to what I would consider to be a $15,000 car. Yes its not aesthetically perfect, but it also not too far off. Looks like seat covers and a binnacle cover would fix the interior. And in the rear, you need to source a rim, and possible a couple suspension pieces. The rear quarter panel is where the value assessment comes in. Yes you could find a replacement, or decide what is good enough and whether or not the dings are ok for this application.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223281868539?ul_noapp=true

If I were in your shoes, I'd make a $15,000 offer and see if they bite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2