FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition. Doesn't need to run. ~$15K

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition. Doesn't need to run. ~$15K

DMCTalk Community -

I am looking for a DeLorean in great physical/aesthetic condition for indoor public display at a hospitality project I am working on.

As it will be on stationary display, the vehicle's operating shape isn't a factor, it doesn’t even have to run at all. The goal is to display the beauty and uniqueness of the design and original features.

Thinking a perfect match is a seller out with a largely in-tact DeLorean who hasn't had the time or opportunity to invest a ton of money into getting mechanics up to shape and is willing to part with it as is.

My preference is for the car to be located in the Northeast but it's not an issue to flatbed the car to its new home.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Does it need to look good on the exterior and the interior, or just the exterior.

Just curious. Its not uncommon to find non-runners with rough frames that have trashed interiors (field cars for instance), that still can be made to look decent on the outside with the doors closed given the SS design. It is more uncommon though to find a car that has a good exterior, good interior, but is a non-runner beyond repair.

Thanks Nick. Great point.

To clarify, both the exterior and interior would need to be in good condition so that the vehicle displays well with the doors open.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureJay View Post
    Thanks Nick. Great point.

To clarify, both the exterior and interior would need to be in good condition so that the vehicle displays well with the doors open.
    Thats gonna be tough, most people get the car mechanically sound and then start addressing the cosmetics. It would be easier to find the exact opposite, It runs but need some cosmetic attention.

What amount is the OP willing to spend?

Also would the OP consider renting someone's Delorean for a set amount of time to display. Many store their car away for winter months, if you only want to display it for a few months you might be able to work something out.

My VIN:    16377

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post

Also would the OP consider renting someone's Delorean for a set amount of time to display. Many store their car away for winter months, if you only want to display it for a few months you might be able to work something out.
    $15k was mentioned in the subject line.

-Nick

Quote Originally Posted by About time View Post

Great suggestion but we will have this on permanent display!

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I know of one that run and drives and is otherwise what you are looking for. $20K is what it would take to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iznodmad View Post
    I know of one that run and drives and is otherwise what you are looking for. $20K is what it would take to buy it.
    yeah, an then maybe they could pull the drive train and sell the parts off that they dont need to recoup some of the cost. Since they only want a permanent display.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This is pretty close to what I would consider to be a $15,000 car. Yes its not aesthetically perfect, but it also not too far off. Looks like seat covers and a binnacle cover would fix the interior. And in the rear, you need to source a rim, and possible a couple suspension pieces. The rear quarter panel is where the value assessment comes in. Yes you could find a replacement, or decide what is good enough and whether or not the dings are ok for this application.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223281868539?ul_noapp=true

If I were in your shoes, I'd make a $15,000 offer and see if they bite.