FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Anti-Sway Bars

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I took a geo metro and my delorean to autocross.
    Two dozen cars out that day.
    I did three runs in my delorean, averaged about 2-3 from last in the standings.
    I did one run in the geo metro - about middle of the pack.

It is pretty embarrassing.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10270

All things being equal, .75 -> .79 would be a nice improvement and probably wouldn't add significant oversteer.

Other than the crap mounting system, the few people I've talked to that have driven a car with the Addco bar spoke positively of it.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

I wonder about the frame mounting part. I wonder if it would make sense to fit a custom rubber or poly bushing into the cradle - basically using the cradle itself as a frame attachment point.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

That sounds like the best place to mount it. If only the frame were wider there, leave alot of space between the bushing and where it attaches to the the suspension. Lot of deflection in the bar before it does anything.

True. Although a thick enough bar may minimize that enough to have the desired effect.

Incidentally, I think I found 'Triad' from that letter posted earlier: http://www.triadservicesgroup.com/ - they even have a DMC on their home page.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

I haven’t got to the point of buying anything yet, but I’ve always intended on buying a tube style one (no idea if they actually have a name). Slide the tube into the rear cross member and mount it top and bottom

My VIN:    4675, 4190, 3114 and others

Club(s):   (DMA) (DMWC) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Rear sway bar.

I have an ADDCO rear sway bar on the 97 Delorean Time Machine. It was ADDCO part # 841. It was under $100 back in the late 80s.
    I have talked to ADDCO about making another one or two, but they said they are all computer controlled now and this rear sway bar was their old paper system.

However, ADDCO advertises that they make "custom sway bars." All you have to do is provide the dimensions.

This is where I hit a brick wall. I told them I wanted a custom rear sway bar- that I have one - with the dimensions. .... And I got the response - we don't make
    custom sway bars.

It was probably some tech own just pushes computer button and really does not know anything about this.

So..... I am interested in another two. Perhaps if we can get enough people willing to commit to an order from ADDCO. we can get this done.
    Money aka orders -- talks.

Bob

My VIN:    4675, 4190, 3114 and others

Club(s):   (DMA) (DMWC) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Rear sway bar.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralSenn View Post
    Time for the perennial thread..

Any news on updated rear anti-sway bars? Everything I can find says that the Addco bars are 1) no longer available 2) tended to crack the frame.

I have heard whispers that Toby Peterson may have been working on one but can't find anything recent.

Just curious.
    And yes the car handles better with a rear sway bar. 1/2" dia.

My VIN:    4087

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob635 View Post
    I have an ADDCO rear sway bar on the 97 Delorean Time Machine. It was ADDCO part # 841. It was under $100 back in the late 80s.
    I have talked to ADDCO about making another one or two, but they said they are all computer controlled now and this rear sway bar was their old paper system.

Bob
    Do you happen to have any pictures of the sway bar?

My VIN:    10270

Here’s a couple from a BHCC car
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast