FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: How To: install GPS based speedometer drive

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2019

    Posts:    3

    Haha never mind found it on another post that itís a different thread! Sorry guys!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    554

    Quote Originally Posted by benjamincoyle View Post
    Haha never mind found it on another post that itís a different thread! Sorry guys!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah the stock speedo cables wonít connect directly to SpeedBox.
    DMCF rebuild 2008, Stage II, Eibach

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2019

    Posts:    3

    All done and couldnít be happier! Thank you for the write up!2CF88356-F243-4446-9771-0A43696455D8.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Junior Member Dhennick99's Avatar
    Join Date:  Jun 2011

    Posts:    24

    I have an aftermarket cruise control. Will it still function with this GPS box? Also which speedo cable do I select when purchasing?

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    554

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhennick99 View Post
    I have an aftermarket cruise control. Will it still function with this GPS box? Also which speedo cable do I select when purchasing?
    Since aftermarket parts can vary from company to company, I have no idea if SpeedBox will work with whatever setup you have.

    Your question about the cable was answered already in post #3.
    DMCF rebuild 2008, Stage II, Eibach

  6. #16
    '82 T3 FABombjoy's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Lansing, MI

    Posts:    955

    My VIN:    10270

    Cruise control systems are specifically covered in the speedbox instructions

    https://www.speedhut.com/instruction...x_r2-10-16.pdf
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

    Console5.com - Game console parts, kits, games and more. [shop] [wiki] [RSS] [f] [t]

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Las Vegas

    Posts:    707

    My VIN:    6720

    Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhennick99 View Post
    I have an aftermarket cruise control. Will it still function with this GPS box? Also which speedo cable do I select when purchasing?
    I have an Audiovox CCS-100 installed, and it has nothing to do with the angle drive or speedometer. It sendes speed based of a magnet mounted on one of the driveshafts and a sensor to count rpms, and the throttle cable is vacuum operated, and brains of the unit is controlled by a set/hold/faster/slower button in a control box by the driver.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

  8. #18
    LS Swapper Josh's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2013

    Location:  SK, Canada

    Posts:    2,082

    My VIN:    11408

    Club(s):   (TXDMC) (DOI)

    Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I have an Audiovox CCS-100 installed, and it has nothing to do with the angle drive or speedometer. It sendes speed based of a magnet mounted on one of the driveshafts and a sensor to count rpms, and the throttle cable is vacuum operated, and brains of the unit is controlled by a set/hold/faster/slower button in a control box by the driver.
    You can use the vss output on the speedbox instead of that silly magnetic pickup.

    5.3L LS4 + Subaru 6spd 314whp/348ft-lbs
    Getting it back on the road!
    LS Swap

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date:  Sep 2016

    Location:  Cardiff

    Posts:    87

    My VIN:    11789

    Re the first post - providing wiring instructions.

    Door Buzzer
    Cut and strip Black wire
    Cut and strip purple wire for constant 12 v feed.

    Q
    Can I leave the buzzer multiplug unplugged afterwards? _ I hate the door buzzer!
    - or will it have a knock on effect/detrimental effect leaving it unplugged ?
    Cheers
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2018

    Location:  Virginia

    Posts:    554

    Quote Originally Posted by SpudMurphy View Post
    Re the first post - providing wiring instructions.

    Door Buzzer
    Cut and strip Black wire
    Cut and strip purple wire for constant 12 v feed.

    Q
    Can I leave the buzzer multiplug unplugged afterwards? _ I hate the door buzzer!
    - or will it have a knock on effect/detrimental effect leaving it unplugged ?
    Cheers
    After these modifications the buzzer will no longer function. There is no point in plugging it back in. There is no downside, other than youíll have no buzzer. It affects nothing else.
    DMCF rebuild 2008, Stage II, Eibach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •