FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Door lights *** Moved from How To: install GPS...###

Haha never mind found it on another post that it’s a different thread! Sorry guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by benjamincoyle View Post
    Haha never mind found it on another post that it’s a different thread! Sorry guys!

Yeah the stock speedo cables won’t connect directly to SpeedBox.

All done and couldn’t be happier! Thank you for the write up!2CF88356-F243-4446-9771-0A43696455D8.jpg

My VIN:    1335

I have an aftermarket cruise control. Will it still function with this GPS box? Also which speedo cable do I select when purchasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhennick99 View Post
    I have an aftermarket cruise control. Will it still function with this GPS box? Also which speedo cable do I select when purchasing?
    Since aftermarket parts can vary from company to company, I have no idea if SpeedBox will work with whatever setup you have.

Your question about the cable was answered already in post #3.

My VIN:    10270

Cruise control systems are specifically covered in the speedbox instructions

https://www.speedhut.com/instruction...x_r2-10-16.pdf
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhennick99 View Post
    I have an Audiovox CCS-100 installed, and it has nothing to do with the angle drive or speedometer. It sendes speed based of a magnet mounted on one of the driveshafts and a sensor to count rpms, and the throttle cable is vacuum operated, and brains of the unit is controlled by a set/hold/faster/slower button in a control box by the driver.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    I have an Audiovox CCS-100 installed, and it has nothing to do with the angle drive or speedometer. It sendes speed based of a magnet mounted on one of the driveshafts and a sensor to count rpms, and the throttle cable is vacuum operated, and brains of the unit is controlled by a set/hold/faster/slower button in a control box by the driver.
    You can use the vss output on the speedbox instead of that silly magnetic pickup.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    11789

Re the first post - providing wiring instructions.

Door Buzzer
    Cut and strip Black wire
    Cut and strip purple wire for constant 12 v feed.

Q
    Can I leave the buzzer multiplug unplugged afterwards? _ I hate the door buzzer!
    - or will it have a knock on effect/detrimental effect leaving it unplugged ?
    Cheers
    Currently resurrecting Vin # 11789 - One of the batch of 50 exported to the Middle East in 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by SpudMurphy View Post
    Re the first post - providing wiring instructions.

Door Buzzer
    Cut and strip Black wire
    Cut and strip purple wire for constant 12 v feed.

Q
    Can I leave the buzzer multiplug unplugged afterwards? _ I hate the door buzzer!
    - or will it have a knock on effect/detrimental effect leaving it unplugged ?
    Cheers
    After these modifications the buzzer will no longer function. There is no point in plugging it back in. There is no downside, other than you’ll have no buzzer. It affects nothing else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast