Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Aces! Another "what's a reasonable asking price for this car" thread!

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The tech manual forbids arguing with David T.
    Everyone wishes Michael would sell his Delorean.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

I'm amazed that some people find it terribly shocking and offensive that DeLorean owners would argue in favor of DeLorean ownership...
    DeLorean status:​ Daily driving my "rolling resto-mod"

My VIN:    10907

Thanks, guys. For the record, it's not really a matter of any pressing financial urgency. It was just a bunch of things, many of them directly or tangentially DeLorean-related, that all piled up at once. Not all of them were as bad as I thought, but some of them are and will probably get worse. I'm just at the point where I'm feeling like the enjoyment I'm getting out of the car isn't worth the money I've spent on it and I should cut my losses. We'll see.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Thanks, guys. For the record, it's not really a matter of any pressing financial urgency. It was just a bunch of things, many of them directly or tangentially DeLorean-related, that all piled up at once. Not all of them were as bad as I thought, but some of them are and will probably get worse. I'm just at the point where I'm feeling like the enjoyment I'm getting out of the car isn't worth the money I've spent on it and I should cut my losses. We'll see.
    Understandable... If I can't use it as much as I want to, I'm not happy with it. Fortunately, I feel like I have been very lucky for the past few years... and therefore very happy. Most of the inhibiting reasons for going out is when the attention starts to get in the way of trying to make it somewhere on time. As bonded as I am, the day will come to move on. All things must pass/ all things must pass away.

My VIN:    01800

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Most of the inhibiting reasons for going out is when the attention starts to get in the way of trying to make it somewhere on time.
    This is one of my problems as well. I've got a really tight schedule and just don't allocate much time for joyriding. My kids are also too young to enjoy the car. If I can hold onto the car for a few more years, they're going to love it, but I've been talking about selling the car for 2 years now and have made peace with letting it go. I just need to find a buyer although I haven't been looking for one very hard, haha.

Back to the Omnipresent! Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    2329

My car is ALWAYS for sale. The price just gets adjusted based on who's asking me. I can always buy another one and start over. That said, I get frustrated every now and then with the drip drip drip of issues that pop up and need resolving. Then I remember that problem solving, engineering solutions and overall improvement of the status quo are things that I enjoy! What would I do if my hobby car was actually reliable, bulletproof or never in need of maintenance? Wax the paint job?
    Owen
    Tour the country and visit breweries through the eyes of our two puppy dogs. http://www.twobrewdogs.com
    Help us spread the word! @twobrewdogs on Twitter, twobrewdogs on Facebook.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3