FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Aces! Another "what's a reasonable asking price for this car" thread!

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

It really wasn't necessary to replace the line, flushing it out was all that was needed. If you flush the brake fluid every other year you won't develop crud and have leaking cylinders. As for cursing at the car, that is unforgivable and that Karma will come back at you in the form of more repairs!
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    10907

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    It really wasn't necessary to replace the line, flushing it out was all that was needed. If you flush the brake fluid every other year you won't develop crud and have leaking cylinders.
    I kept the old line since it was still intact, so if it's salvageable I guess I can reuse it someday if necessary. It had only been a little over 2 years since I bought the car, is it normal to have that kind of issue six months overdue for a flush?

As for cursing at the car, that is unforgivable and that Karma will come back at you in the form of more repairs!
    I told it I was sorry, asked it to forgive me and kissed it on the fender the next day...

Well, I had been thinking that if I made it to Spokane and back without a tow truck, I would re-evaluate things, and I'm happy to report that I did

It was really fun just getting out on the road again, it had been about a year since I'd driven it on a 200+ mile trip. It was a good reminder of why I loved the car in the first place.

Things still aren't perfect, there's still some seepage at the connector between the clutch reservoir line and the master cylinder, I have to put it in 5th really gingerly or it grinds, and there's a weird resistance sensation when steering at low speeds but hopefully nothing I can't deal with before it strands me by the side of the road.

So... I guess I'll keep it

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I'm happy to learn you are staying stainless. Your thread chronicling your voyages around the country serve as motivation for me to finish a few projects on 10287 and finally bite the bullet and take the car on its own long range trip hopefully out West somewhere. Thank you and keep racking up those miles
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Quote Originally Posted by AugustneverEnds View Post
    I'm happy to learn you are staying stainless. Your thread chronicling your voyages around the country serve as motivation for me to finish a few projects on 10287 and finally bite the bullet and take the car on its own long range trip hopefully out West somewhere. Thank you and keep racking up those miles
    Yay, I'm glad to be inspirational Good luck with your project and I hope I'll see you at DCS next year!

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    Well, I had been thinking that if I made it to Spokane and back without a tow truck, I would re-evaluate things, and I'm happy to report that I did

It was really fun just getting out on the road again, it had been about a year since I'd driven it on a 200+ mile trip. It was a good reminder of why I loved the car in the first place.

Things still aren't perfect, there's still some seepage at the connector between the clutch reservoir line and the master cylinder, I have to put it in 5th really gingerly or it grinds, and there's a weird resistance sensation when steering at low speeds but hopefully nothing I can't deal with before it strands me by the side of the road.

So... I guess I'll keep it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4