FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: 5106 dropped off at DMCFL

5106 dropped off at DMCFL

Took 5106 in for a complete exhaust overhaul. Not an upgrade, just restoring the stock exhaust as I have several leaks in the system.
    I heavily considered doing it myself, but I know those studs are highly likely to break, and I didn't want to get into that situation. Since I've had the car all the work has been done by me and my good friends, with our own Dana (DMC-81) doing more then his fair share. Through it all Robert at DMCFL has been a constant resource for parts and info, so I felt good having him take the car in. When I got there I asked him to go for a drive with me and check out the car. We drove around a bit, and we listened to the exhaust and the idle and all that. He pointed out a few things in the engine compartment, things I knew about before. small non crucial things. We both agreed that the exhaust is the main thing it needs right now. So he wrote me up an estimate and thats where we are. Robert has made me feel super comfortable that the work will go smoothly. He even sent me a photo of where my car will be when its not being worked on for peace of mind, he wanted to let me know that it would be inside away from the Florida sun!
    I'll post here with any updates as they come out!
    Last edited by Parzival; 02-20-2019 at 01:35 PM.

My VIN:    2861

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Glad to hear you’re getting it done! A/C next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

2861 - Aug '81, 5-speed, black interior, gas-flap.

My VIN:    5312

Love dat progress also sweet front plate man, really making that car your own!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    Glad to hear you’re getting it done! A/C next?

For sure! that's the plan! Probably in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Love dat progress also sweet front plate man, really making that car your own!
    Thanks, I had to find something because my car came with a front plate holder already installed, and the car always kinds reminded me of an x-wing when the doors are open. It just fits

Ok they are done! I’m arranging to get out there this afternoon to pick her up. I’m excited to see their handy work and I’ll post photos and updates once I see the car. Happy to have a quick turn around time

Picked it up, and all I can say is wow. I finally don't have to listen to those exhaust leaks anymore. The car sounds like brand new, and the work looks super clean. Photos when I get some light.
    Thanks again to Robert for putting up with my daily calls, and making me feel confident with my car and the repairs. AND for staying a bit late at the shop until I could make it out there to pick her up.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Picked it up, and all I can say is wow. I finally don't have to listen to those exhaust leaks anymore. The car sounds like brand new, and the work looks super clean. Photos when I get some light.
    Thanks again to Robert for putting up with my daily calls, and making me feel confident with my car and the repairs. AND for staying a bit late at the shop until I could make it out there to pick her up.
    Great! That was fast! Can't wait to see/hear it again.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Great! That was fast! Can't wait to see/hear it again.
    Let me know when we can get together!