FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some Old Images

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dvonk View Post
    it could just be the angle of the photo, but it looks like the forward edge of the door on middle one is nearly vertical, where the bottom it seems to be more angled.

was this a design change somewhere along the line or am i just "looking to hard"?
    I think you're right. The car rotated only slightly, but the angle of the cutline is much faster.

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    Those bottom two images are actually the same car. The "middle" photo is the design concept mockup that Giugiaro completed in 1976 or so. The bottom photo is the same car with the driver's side half modified with the "facelift" that rounded the previously sharp edges. Note the passenger side half of the car and it's especially noticeable at the front spoiler. This mockup is now at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Belfast.

James
    Thanks, James. Makes sense that they would modify an existing car to demonstrate design changes. Do you what happened to the concept drawings? I wonder if they're archived, or out in the wild, where the public can see them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2