FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auction for VIN 973 - Wichita KS - Monday 3/4/2019 6PM CST

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Typical too far gone DeLorean for any restoration, but let's slap some lipstick on it and put it in a mini and stand it out on the corner and see what it brings.

Seriously, too far gone for restoration unless you happen to own a DeLorean shop in the bible belt and have a ton of spares laying around with access to more along with the knowledge and means to do the work...then it's a profit machine even at a mid teens bid.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Typical too far gone DeLorean for any restoration, but let's slap some lipstick on it and put it in a mini and stand it out on the corner and see what it brings.

Seriously, too far gone for restoration unless you happen to own a DeLorean shop in the bible belt and have a ton of spares laying around with access to more along with the knowledge and means to do the work...then it's a profit machine even at a mid teens bid.
    We actually prefer to call it the Industrious North. Knowledge? Just a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense. No hokey religions or ancient books controlling our density.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    We actually prefer to call it the Industrious North. Knowledge? Just a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense. No hokey religions or ancient books controlling our density.
    Don't sell yourself short. Some of the finest Deloreans on the road today owe their status to you.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Thanks, Michael.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    DMC / Logan D2T40-0094 Tow Tractor (2018-Present), 10191 (2010), 961 (2002-2009)

FYI... VIN 973 auctioned off for $12,500 today. Good luck to the winning bidder!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Coming soon to a youtube channel near you "I just bought the cheapest DeLorean in the Country"........
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    16985

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Coming soon to a youtube channel near you "I just bought the cheapest DeLorean in the Country"........
    My thoughts exactly, and of course without checking with any other DeLorean owners before making such claim.

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

I saw a lot of potential in 973, but the $12,500.00 price is too steep for me. However, I stand by my assessment that this car could be restored to be a nice driver. IMHO the shoestring budget restorations are the most fun as the restorer gets a running driving DeLorean for a decent total price and gets the satisfaction of proving the naysayers wrong.

Hopefully this one will end up back on the road in the not so distant future. :-)
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    IMHO the shoestring budget restorations are the most fun as the restorer gets a running driving DeLorean for a decent total price and gets the satisfaction of proving the naysayers wrong.
    Naysayers are not proven wrong. If you call someone that spends the total value of the car in parts and put his labor at a cost of free proven right, well then you have a point. Any car is restorable. Take a look at mine before DMCH transformed it into a flawless refurb:
    wholecar-3.jpg

DMCH and similar vendors could make a nice profit off an otherwise parts car for obvious reasons, but for the average joe it's near impossible to come out ahead (financially anyway) even valuing their labor at free. You can rationalize it all day long such as you want the experience or the satisfaction of restoring the car yourself and there is nothing wrong with that but strictly from a dollars and cents perspective, in almost all cases the "naysayers" are right on the money.
    Last edited by Michael; 03-05-2019 at 06:56 PM.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Take a look at mine before DMCH transformed it into a flawless refurb:
    wholecar-3.jpg
    I always wondered what happened to that tub!
    Similar shot at Josh's house 3rd from bottom.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast